Ann Holden BA (Hons) Counselling/Therapy/Coaching for young people and adults
Counselling for all ages - getting to the root of the issue.
For people aged from 8 to 80.
Sometimes life can feel very challenging and we can find ourselves not coping. We need someone to talk to outside of our family and friends. We can feel depressed, anxious, angry, bereft, panicky, isolated, and much more complex emotional disorders. Complications can arise if these issues are not dealt with.
I work with children, teenagers and adults on a one to one basis through providing a safe and confidential environment in allowing my clients to feel truly heard and understood.
I trained for seven years and I am registered with a professional body. In my practice of 12 years I was the local School Counsellor for 10 years which included working with students with learning difficulties and special needs. Early intervention prevents further mental health issues developing in adulthood.
As a trained coach I can also incorporate empowerment skills to build confidence, enhance self esteem and self worth.
Your 'way of being' is important to me. There are no fixed number of sessions. I offer non-directive holistic therapy. Please phone for further information if you are not sure what type of therapy you need.
Brief history of experience:
Attendance issues for school students
Examination pressure and stress
Anger Management-understanding anger, how it got there and letting it go
Teenage Development - helping dilute friction and pressure
Young people and adults on the Autistic/Asperger spectrum
Marriage/couple relationship issues
Depression, anxiety, panic, bereavement issues
Complex mental health disorders including bi-polar
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
(More further down the page).
Training, qualifications & experience
B A (Hons) PERSON CENTRED THERAPY University of East Anglia/University of Essex
Registered with the BACP voluntary register accredited by the Department of Health
Member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
Extended CRB certificate
Number of Clinically Supervised hours practiced exceeds 11,500
Coaching - The Relational Academy, Cambridge
Solution Focused CounsellingEthical and Confidential practice Gestalt therapy, Cognitive Behaviour therapy, Psychodynamic and Adlerian therapyUnderstanding and Working with Anger
PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS:
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Building a Coaching Approach
- Understanding and Working with Anger
- Counselling Children and Young People
- Working with Narcissism
- Self -Harm, Self-Care and the Way Between
- Mental Health in Education
- Tackling the Stigma of Mental Health: anxiety,depression, stress, self-harm,eating disorders
- Step on Training: adolescent behaviour and how we can change it.
- working with clients who are blind
- Working with looked after children
- working with autistic/asperger spectrum adolescents
- working with dyslexic and dyspraxic clients
- working with selective mutism
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Issues practiced to date:
- Obsessional compulsive disorder
- Neglect: severe financial constraints manifesting fantasy situations within the child.
- Emotional neglect: abandonment and rejection issues.
- Attendance issues - school non-attendance, associated family pressures
- Peer pressure and bullying
- Post-traumatic stress
- Abuse: sexual, physical, emotional, verbal and spiritual
- Emotions related to being a young carer
- EAL students: change in culture and language which enhances issues of isolation, loneliness, confusion and anger.
- Self-harm: burning, cutting, other acts of self-punishment
- Eating disorders: anorexia, identified bulimia
- Suicide and life threatening issues
- Attachment and detachment, rejection and abandonment issues
- Identity issues.
- Bereavement, loss, grief, complicated grief and avoidance.
- Manipulation, power and control.
- Sibling rivalry putting others at risk.
- Confidence issues, low self-esteem, low self-worth, no value, feeling undeserving.
- Lack of boundary issues in families and students and the subsequent fallout.
- Drug issues: parents growing drugs and getting children to collude with the situation.
- Alcohol: parents who are alcoholics and student addiction
- Violence: students who witness violence at home or are violent themselves to parents.
- Sexual safety: guidance on how to keep safe, respect, dignity.
- Depression of various scales: personality disorders, Bipolar etc.
- Bereavement, complicated grief, loneliness
- Trauma, anxiety, panic attacks
- Identity issues, suppressed emotions, avoidance
- Debt and financial complexities, redundancy
- Marriage, relationship complexities, infidelity
- Adoption, self-identity
- Anger, suppressed emotions, confusion
- Terminal illness
- Gender issues
- Low income, unemployable, homeless
- Domestic violence issues: adults and children
Additional experience with clients who are:
Blind, deaf, Looked after Children, Autistic/Asperger spectrum, have dyspraxia and speech issues.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Payment can be either cash, cheque or via BACS payment
- Concessions are available
- Payment plans are negotiable
- £45.00 per hour per week
- £55 per hour should you choose to have counselling at your home to cover time and travel costs
- Parking is available at the front of the building
- Wheelchair access is available
Experience of working with:
- *Family mediation - helping build relationships
- *Attendance issues related to young people who feel school is one pressure too many
- *Examination pressure and stress related to GCSEs and 'A' levels
- *Anger Management -understanding where the anger is enabling it to be released
- *Teenage Development - helping dilute friction and pressure with adolescent behaviour
- *Working with blindness - understanding the dilema through the debilitation to feel less isolated
- *Attachment issues related to child hood years spilling over into adult years
- *Relationship issues
- *Depression, anxiety, panic.
- *Bereavement issues
- *Dissociation/detachment issues
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Saturday daytime and evenings
Types of client