Tegwen Edmonds BA Hons PG Dip Psychotherapist, Counsellor MBACP (Accredited)
Natural Gateway Clinic
121 Theobald St
0775 488 2940
Highly experienced Psychotherapist & Counsellor (BACP Registered and Accredited) with a warm, understanding approach. My clients may have difficulties with many areas of their lives such as:
Anger, guilt, shame
Families, friends and relationships
Stress at school/university
Life,work and career choices
Illness and disability
Experience of abuse/violence
My many years of experience include working with:
Private clients (please see website)
Employees Assistance Programmes (EAPs)
Counselling/Psychotherapy students in training
A hospice - working with people living with cancer and their families
An NHS Hospital
I work with a very diverse range of clients - from young people to older age, including many different nationalities, cultures, work/life-backgrounds and sexual orientation. This has enhanced my ability to work individually with people in a way that helps them to feel comfortable and relaxed.
Through working in a safe, accepting and non-judgemental environment, I will help you to explore and make sense of your thoughts and feelings. This process can help you to reflect on how your experiences may have affected your current relationships and life choices, and in doing so, gives you the opportunity to identify areas for positive change.
I understand that you might be unsure whether counselling is the right thing for you - we can meet for an initial session to talk about how I might be able to help. Our meeting will be confidential and without any obligation or expectations. We will decide between us if you would like further sessions - this could be limited to a short-term arrangement (for example 4 or 6 sessions) or could be more flexible and open-ended, taking things week by week, if this is what you prefer.
I am a Registered and fully Accredited Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) - this means that I have achieved a higher level of competence, have undertaken an advanced level of assessment and work to their strict code of ethics. I am also a member of the BACP Private Practice Division and the accredited BACP Register. I hold full professional indemnity insurance.
My consulting room is at The Natural Gateway Clinic. This is above the Theobald GP surgery at 121 Theobald Street, Borehamwood WD6 4PT. This is easily reached from Radlett, Shenley, Bushey and Elstree and is also convenient for St Albans and Watford. (Free parking; 10 mins walk from Elstree and Borehamwood mainline station).
For more information please visit my website:
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Graduate Diploma (Level 7) - Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
Regents University - School of Psychotherapy and Counselling Psychology, London;
BA (Honours) (University of Bristol);
Online Therapy Institute - Specialist Certificate Programme -
'Using Videoconferencing to Conduct Online Therapy'
WPF Certificate Counselling;
CPCAB Certificate Psychodynamic Counselling.
- Highly experienced in Private Practice working with adults and young people : dealing with a broad range of issues such as difficulties with family and relationships, abuse/violence, depression/anxiety, insomnia, distress, anger, trauma, work and career, pregnancy and parenting, sexuality, identity, spirituality, meaning and life-choices.
- Have also worked as a Psychotherapist and Counsellor taking referrals from Employees Assistance Programmes and Insurance Companies
- Psychotherapist at an NHS Hospital - worked with complex issues such as self-harm; emotional, physical and sexual abuse; body/mind connection (psychosomatic responses); personality disorder; long-term depression and anxiety
- Counsellor/psychotherapist at Grove House, St Albans- specialist experience in bereavement counselling and in working with people living with cancer and life-threatening illness
- Supported mothers with young children through the charity Home-Start and the National Childbirth Trust - focusing on pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
- Previous general business/marketing/sales experience in the commercial sector and for charitable organisations.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Reduced rate for an initial meeting - £25.
£50 for subsequent individual sessions.
Reduced rate may be available according to individual circumstances - for example for people who are unemployed, low income or students - this can be discussed in our first meeting.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please note I will be taking a sabbatical from 01 Feb 2017
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|