Annie Fallaize UKCP Accredited, MBACP Reg. Couples Counsellor & Supervisor
Cubic Business Centre
533, Stanningley Road
19 Rushton Street
0113 236 2711 / 07723022272
In a relaxed conversational way, we identify and focus on your concerns. I appreciate your thoughts and feelings alongside you. Our dialogue has a therapeutic effect and this process helps facilitate what you want to achieve. Couples Counselling trained.
How I Practice:
Listening attentively I respond genuinely, accepting what you are struggling with and how you manage that, however you tell me. I offer a warm, non-judgemental and ethical process for reflection on your concerns.
Your response to the process will be unique to you. Sometimes counselling might feel hard for you and I will understand this.
You can come for short term solution-focussed counselling or more open-ended counselling and therapy depending on your needs and how you feel.
The content of your session is confidential (except endangering life). I attend regular supervision according to B.A.C.P. best practice. I am a registered member of the B.A.C.P. and C.R.B. checked.
I can support you in processes such as:
Couple or relationship difficulties;
After bereavement or a loss when grieving becomes a problem in your life;
Resolving relationship issues including couple counselling or workplace relationship difficulties;
Improving well-being by lifting or alleviating depression or anxiety;
Dissolving difficult to manage anger;
Tackling overwhelming stress;
Finding confidence and improving self-esteem.
For more concerns that I can help with, please read the list below.
You can expect:
A comfortable, calm and confidential space for us to relate;
Responsive appointment times - offering either daytime, evening or Saturday morning;
A well-trained, ethical, informed and well-supervised practice;
Accessible fees and when possible low-cost;
An empathic and non-judgemental understanding, reflecting on your concern.
These are pre-booked in advance depending on my availability and room availability. Sessions are 50-55 minutes long with payment and any next session booking in the last 5 minutes.
How to Contact me:
If you would like to make a general enquiry please telephone (between 9am - 8.30pm weekdays 9am - 2pm Saturdays) or email using the contact link above and I am happy to respond as soon as possible when I am not with a client. If you have to leave a message, it is left in complete confidence for me. Please note I do not work Sundays.
About This Counsellor:
Became interested in counselling through my own personal therapy journey. Life experiences of bereavement and loss of one form or another led me to retrain in counselling.
Began my working life in the Education sector and have extensive experience working with parents regarding parenting issues and relationship with their children. I also have a good understanding of various educational difficulties.
Professional experience in private sector business environments and the Civil Service in Health System Management. I know what it's like to work in teams and working individually.
You can get more of a sense of me from my growing website http://www.opportunity4.co.uk
and my blog at http://www.opportunity4.co.uk/counselling-blog/
Calverley LS28, Bramley LS13, Tinshill LS16. I welcome clients from anywhere in West Yorkshire especially the Leeds area. In particular I work with clients from the communities of Bramley, Swinnow, Calverley, Pudsey, Rodley, Armley, Wortley, Farsley, Farnley, Guildersome, Driglington and parts of Bradford.
In LS13 there is a car park. Also the number 72 bus stops right outside or my office is 5 minutes walk from Bramley Rail Station.
In LS28. There is roadside parking available. In LS16 there is a car park.
My Bramley location is wheelchair accessible. I will travel to people who are unable to access my practice through reasons of mobility if you have a private and quiet room with no distractions or animals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc Person-Centred Psychotherapy - Temenos Education - Sheffield
- Post Graduate Certficate in Person-Centred Supervision
- Post Graduate Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Post Graduate Diploma Person-Centred Psychotherapy and Counselling - Temenos Education
- Dip. Theory and Practice of Counselling - Kirklees College
- Dip. NLP - International Training Association. INLPTA
- Dip. Francais - Universite de Dijon
- Cert. Education - St. Mary's University College London
- Cert. Counselling - Huddersfield Technical College
4 years Post-graduate Person-Centred Psychotherapy.
Post graduate MSc modules:
- Human Development
- Advancing Theory
- Psychopathology (mental health)
Professional Development Courses and Conferences:
- Post-graduate Supervision November 2015
- B.A.P.C.A. Conference, Aug 2015
- Post-graduate Couples Counselling March 2015
- B.A.C.P. Regional Conference - Leeds, March 2014
- Working with Trauma - A.C.C., Leeds, Nov 2013
- B.A.C.P. Regional Conference - Leeds, Oct 2013
- B.A.P.C.A. Conference, Aug 2013
- "Going Global" Conference Temenos, Sept 2013
- Safeguarding vulnerable adults, 2013
- Attachment and working with substance abuse Conference, Onlinevents, 2013
- Working with Anxiety Conference. Onlinevents, April 2013
- Transcultural Counselling Conference - Leeds Met, 2012
- Various evening seminars at Temenos Education, Sheffield, 2012
- Working with Children Conference. Onlinevents, Edinburgh, Jan 2012
- Transactional Analysis Core Concepts (101), 2011 Temenos
- Youth Mental Health First Aid, Dec 2011
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder, P.O.D.S., 2011
- Understanding Relational Depth, Cooper, 2011
- Counselling Couples and relationships, Marriage Care, 2009 (not psycho-sexual trained)
- Encountering the Authenticity of Intimacy, Proctor & Smith, July 2009
- Safeguarding children, Education Leeds, Sept 2009
- Changing Times, Maureen O’Hara Phd, 2008
- Working with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services, Leeds, 2008
- Transactional Analysis Core Concepts (101), Bradford University, 2008
- Attachment and working with Children, Education Leeds, 2008
- Trauma & Neuroscience - Louise Embleton-Tudor, April 2007
- Cruse Bereavement Counselling Certificate, Spurr, A., 2006
- Neurolinguistic Programming Practitioner 2002
Established private practice building on the following experience:
- 2 years counselling grief and loss issues with a wonderous variety of people at Cruse Bereavement Pontefract & Wakefield.
- 2 years counselling young adults and staff members in Bradford University Counselling Service.
- 8 years counselling a variety of client concerns including relationship, identity, issues with food and eating, mental wellness, spiritual issues, bereavement, addiction recovery, trauma, sexuality issues at Dayspring Christian Counselling Service Garforth.
- 1 year counselling mental health issues and substance addiction at Leeds Well-being Centre.
- 18 months facilitating counselling training.
- 4 years experience of using creative counselling skills and therapeutic interventions including non-interpretive person-centred therapeutic art and creative interventions with children and parents in a Leeds City primary school and a middle school in Hertfordshire. Working on removing barriers to learning and emotional resolution work in school.
- 18 years experience working with young people in schools as a pastoral carer
- 6 years in health service management
- 5 years in general business.
A member of:
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Working with young people and self-harm.
Unemployment difficulties, redundancy, workplace difficulties, bullying, assertiveness difficulties
Learning difficulties, education problems, parenting issues.
Personal development. Existential dilemmas. Spiritual crisis.
Difficulties stemming from domestic violence.
Photos & videos
You are deciding to value the quality of your life by personally investing in yourself
Individual £45 per 60 minute session.
Students/counselling trainees £25-£35 per 60 minute session.
Couples £60 per 90 minute session. (£30 each)
Corporate - negotiable to bespoke contract.
I have some availability for those who are on a low wage or unwaged - please ask.
I am able to work with children under 14 (with parental permission). I am fully insured and security checked. Children who are 'Gillick competent' (aware of the process) must consent to participate of their own free will.
I do undertake some corporate work with a clear written contract adhering to BACP guidelines.
Please feel free to make a simple telephone or email enquiry. While you will not be obliged to make an appointment this will not be a telephone counselling session.
Your initial session gives you the opportunity to say what brings you to counselling or if you are unsure, we explore in dialogue if counselling is for you. Also I explain the boundaries necessary for a counselling contract to work safely and therapeutically. We both get a sense of how it feels to work together. This session is often just as therapeutic as those which follow. I do charge for this first session but you are under no obligation to continue with me.
I also provide individual supervision for counsellors or Person-centred Group Supervision.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and working towards accreditation.
I am a member of the British Association for Person-Centred and Experiential Psychotherapy and Counselling (BAPCA).
There is plenty of on-street parking outside. I do evening appointments as well as daytime.
Disabled access in Bramley only.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||French, German|
Core hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 8. 30 pm and Saturday mornings 9 am to 2 pm. Closed Sundays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer Person-centred Supervision by the hour or 90 minutes to the frequency you wish.View supervision profile