Michael Rouse, Dip Couns, MBACP (Accred)
01708 442646 / 07913 007 011
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor, and an Accredited and Registered Member of the BACP. I work with people from a range of backgrounds presenting with a variety of difficulties including anxiety, abuse, anger management, low self-esteem, eating disorders, obesity and weight concerns, relationship issues, depression and bereavement.
My practice is in Hornchurch, not far from Hornchurch underground station, with good transport links to Romford, Upminster, Rainham, Thurrock and Barking & Dagenham. There is ample free parking nearby.
I offer you no flowery language or the promise of a magical solution; therapy is a joint venture requiring commitment from counsellor and client. I will however listen attentively and respond empathically to your concerns, and encourage you to express your feelings. I will be impartial and I will not judge you. I won’t make decisions for you or direct you towards a particular course of action; instead I will help you to explore choices, and support you in forming strategies to make the changes in your life that you seek.
Research shows there is a strong link between a successful therapeutic outcome and the relationship between client and therapist. So it’s important that you feel comfortable working with me, and I with you. My advice to prospective clients therefore is: come along for an initial meeting and see how it feels.
Here’s what to expect when you contact me:
- I will respond promptly, by email, text or phone; whichever you prefer.
- I will offer to call you (at a time that suits you) for a brief, confidential, no obligation discussion.
- If you are then interested in meeting me I will offer you an initial appointment.
- In our first meeting I will ask you some questions about yourself in order to help me make an assessment of your needs. I will then invite you to expand on your reasons for seeking counselling and what you want to achieve from it.
- Once we have met you can decide how you want to proceed.
- If I believe there are more appropriate forms of help I will tell you.
If you are unsure about whether counselling is right for you, or you have any questions about what it entails, please feel free to call me for an informal chat.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Theory
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- National Centre for Eating Disorders (NCFED) Master Practitioner Diploma
I have over 10 years experience working for charitable counselling agencies and in private practice.
In 2012 I gained Accreditation status with the BACP. Accredited counsellors are those who have demonstrated that they are meeting a wide range of criteria, set to recognise high standards of knowledge, experience and development.
Additionally I am a Registered member of the BACP. The Register is a quality mark of accreditation by the Professional Standards Authority for Health & Social Care.
In 2015 I qualified as National Centre for Eating Disorders Master Practitioner, therefore I am trained to work with people who have concerns about their weight.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I undertake employee assistance programme (EAP) work.
£40 per session.
I am able to offer day time and evening appointments.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Week days and evenings.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|