Helen Davies MSc, Psychotherapist, Supervisor, UKCP Reg., CTA (P), PTSTA(P)
07976 605949 / 07976 605949
I'm a UKCP reg. psychotherapist with over 15 yrs experience of working with individuals, couples & families in W Sussex.
My focus is to work with you to reflect on and resolve short or longer-term difficulties. For example, through therapy you can explore your stressful or anxious feelings, grieve your loss of a loved one, understand what is happening in your relationships, explore and come to terms with a life-changing illness, take space to decide what you want from your career, or share and make meaning of fears.
What is psychotherapy and counselling?
Psychotherapy and counselling offer the opportunity to talk to a qualified professional about certain aspects of your life in a safe and supportive environment. With an experienced therapist you can find ways of being helped to make sense of your concerns or experiences, which may have left you feeling uncertain or anxious. Seeking therapy can lead to the development of a more satisfactory, effective and fulfilled life
As a trained and experienced UKCP registered psychotherapist I offer long and short-term psychotherapy to individuals, couples and families.I work in private practice in West Sussex.
Additionally I hold a Diploma in Supervision and work with individuals and groups in West Sussex and Surrey.
Finally, I am an experienced teacher, examiner and supervisor of Transactional Analysis and work across the south coast. I have experience of teaching and so hold a good working knowledge of Humanistic and Arts therapies.
I abide by the UKCP, EATA and Metanoia code of ethics, which are available for you to look up on line. I have a working knowledge of The BACP Ethical Framework.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications:
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy -Middlesex University
- Clinical Diploma TA Psychotherapy -Metanoia Institute
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analysis (Psychotherapy) - European Association of Transactional Analysis
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) - European Association of Transactional Analysis
- Diploma Overeating and Obesity Psychotherapy - Wessex Training Institute
- Diploma in Supervision - Cascades/ABC Level 4
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- European Association of Transactional Analysis
- International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Diabetes Type I
Diabetes Type II
- Ongoing - Themed supervision group 2016/17 for trainee psychotherapists nearing exam
- Ongoing - Mixed modality counselling supervision and CPD group 2015/16
From £50.00/hour in Chichester for day time appointments
Evening appointments from £60.00 an hour.
My fees will vary depending on time of day and format, i.e individual, couples, families.
Some concessions may be available, please ask
EAP's and Private Medical Insurance:
I accept and work with referrals from Employee Assistance Programmes and Private Medical Insurance, including Aviva, BUPA and WPA. Please check with your provider.
I offer face to face psychotherapy and supervision.
However I can offer my services via:-
- on line
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
monday to friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
The purpose of supervision is to provide counselling and psychotherapy practitioners with a space in which to stand back and gain perspective on their work.View supervision profile