Sanjay Karia MBACP
- Are you feeling anxious and fearful? You may not even quite know why
- Perhaps you're challenged by a relationship, or the end of one? This could be a partner, friend, colleague or family member
- Are you feeling depressed and unsure what to do about it?
- Have you been bereaved and are finding it hard to come to terms with what's happened?
- Are you being over-run by anger?
- Perhaps you keep repeating a pattern in your life that isn't working for you?
- Do you have a specific issue that you want to understand or resolve?
- Perhaps you want to explore your potential? You may have a sense that there's more to life than you are experiencing right now
Whatever it is that is motivating you to search.....
Give yourself the gift of a safe, confidential and non-judgemental place to explore what it is you might need. Simply having more awareness of our issues can bring some relief. Integrating that awareness into everyday life is what brings about change. Counselling is a very powerful way of doing this.
We all have times in our lives when we need some skilled, professional and caring support. If you are reading this then chances are there's something that's challenging or troubling you, or you have a sense that you're searching for something.
You don't have to put up with the way things are!
Sadly our society and our culture often suggest that we ought to 'just get on with it'. This seldom works out as a satisfying solution. Living life is about more that just getting on with it.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us"
- Marianne Williamson.
Counselling can offer very real, long lasting and empowering solutions.
You may not be able to change certain circumstances but you can certainly change how you respond and relate to those circumstances. This is called 're-framing' and is a powerful catalyst for change.
I work with individuals and with couples. The initial consultation is affordable so that you can check out if I am the right counsellor for you to work with.
Finding the right counsellor is a crucial part of the journey. (Please read my article on this subject - see the link below.) You are under no obligation or pressure to continue after the initial consultation.
"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison
to what lies inside of you"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a skilled and experienced Integrative Counsellor. I hold an Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling. Please see my web site (link at top of page) for further details.
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Certificate in Group Facilitation and Leadership
- Foundation Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Life Coaching
I am committed to ongoing professional and personal development and regularly undertake training courses to support my practice.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I can also offer therapy online via Skype/Hangouts/Zoom, and on the phone.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Psychodynamic therapy
Initial consultation - £25, then
Individuals - £50 per 60 minute session
Couples - £70 per 60 minute session.
If after the initial consultation you find that I am not the right counsellor for you then I will refund the initial consultation fee in full - no quibbles.
I run a private practice in Horsley, Gloucestershire and by Skype/Hangouts/Zoom.
I welcome clients from all cultures, races, religions and sexual orientations.
Before becoming a counsellor I worked in IT in the banking sector for 15 years, and was a self-employed property consultant for 8 years. I have travelled widely and have experience of living and working in different countries. I am a husband and father of a young daughter.
I have also been through a number of significant life transitions and experiences - I consider all of this to be valuable life experience which I bring as a counsellor.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Some german and some gujarati.|
I am available in Horsley GL6. I am also available on Skype/Hangouts/Zoom by arrangement. Please contact me to discuss your individual need.
Types of client