Justine Hey MBACP
I have an approachable and down-to-earth manner and my first aim is to put people at their ease. I am always happy to answer questions by phone or Email before you make a decision about booking an appointment.
I have a creative approach to therapy and I find that choosing the right way to help a person express themselves is a huge boost to the therapy. Some people respond well to traditional talking therapy, others find this blocks their feelings and can access their feelings better through writing, using photos or other creative means. I am able to offer both traditional and creative approaches depending on which works best for you.
I have a comfortable consulting room overlooking the Market Place in Bedale which has plenty of parking!
I have worked with clients from across the spectrum:
- people who have suffered bereavement and are struggling to enjoy life again;
- those who are in difficult relationships;
- people dealing with a major life change, (divorce, parenthood, redundancy...);
- clients who have a general sense of dissatisfaction or anxiety in their life;
- those who have self-limiting coping mechanisms such as self-harm, eating disorders; anger management issues or addictions;
- people who have a mental illness
The first step is for me to understand the difficulties you are facing and for us to design a bespoke package that will address your needs. This can include:
- Regular face to face psychotherapy
- Time limited sessions (often 8-12 sessions)
- Open-ended therapy
- Telephone sessions
- Regular reviews to ensure that your needs are being met
Once we have agreed how our sessions are to be structured I will begin to work with you to deepen our understanding of how you have arrived at this point in your life. We can then begin to negotiate the obstacles you face in order that you can begin to live a fuller life.
Training, qualifications & experience
PGC; Integrative Psychotherapy
BSc (Hons); Anatomy & Human Biology
DipHE; Psychiatric Nursing
RN; Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
I began my career working as a Psychiatric Nurse and I soon began to specialize in working with people who had suffered trauma, who would often self-harm to help them cope with the intolerable feelings they had been left with. After I helped to set up a specialist service for women who self-harm I began my psychotherapy training.
I have a busy family life and, like most, I have had my share of ups and downs. My personal history along with my professional experience gives me a breadth of knowledge about what makes people tick, and true compassion for the way we feel.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£50 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments from Monday to Friday and can usually offer an initial appointment with two weeks.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|