Ada Mournian MBACP (Accred) MA Counselling & Supervision
Counselling & Emotional Support
Natural Wellness Clinic
01823 669717 / 077624 32780
I have 18 years experience of counselling and practice in Wellington Somerset & in Tiverton Devon. I work with adults, couples, young people & families; Mondays to Fridays, with some early evening appointments available.
I am an MBACP (Accredited) Counsellor & Psychotherapist, committed to providing a supportive therapeutic relationship that facilitates growth and enables change. The safe, confidential and calm environment that I provide, allows you to explore issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, bereavement, eating disorders, anger problems, abuse, redundancy, low self-esteem, change and transition, and many more.
I am non-judgmental. Many people are anxious about meeting with a counsellor; you will feel reassured when we have talked by phone or had our first session. The pace and depth of the counselling is up to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor & Psychotherapist; and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework. I have been a counsellor for 18 years and previously worked as a volunteer for a charity supporting mothers and their babies. Before becoming a counsellor I worked in the financial services industry.
I am a member of the UK Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists; British Association for the Person-Centred Approach and Person-Centred Approach (South-West). I am on the Accredited Voluntary Register.
Post-Graduate Diploma 2001
MA Professional Studies (Counselling) 2003
MBACP Accreditation 2005
Certificate in Person-Centred Supervision 2005
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Weight Management
Reduced Cost First Session £25 (1 hour)
We will discuss the different aspects of counselling and negotiate a way of working that is right for you (see below). We will also discuss the level and frequency of counselling that you need and that is also affordable.
Counselling sessions are usually 1 hour long and extra time can be negotiated for example at times of crisis, or for couples counselling when one hour is often not long enough.
My hourly fee is £45
1.5 hours £60
I will give you as much notice as possible of my holidays or times when I am unable to meet. I will not expect you to pay me for times when you are unable to keep appointments providing you have given me at least 24 hours notice. Often we will be able to rearrange sessions to suit both of us if necessary.
I prefer working face-to-face, though I understand that for many people this may initially feel challenging. Pressures of working lives mean that I may not always have a space available at a time that suits you. For this reason I offer online counselling or telephone counselling as an occasional alternative as I feel this works best when we have already established a working relationship.
How we will work together:
During our first meeting we will discuss, amongst other things:
- when & where we will meet - usually weekly
- how often and for how long - I usually work for a full hour, longer sessions are possible and can be useful before a break (holidays) for example, at times of stress, or for couples work.
- fees, and how and when they will be paid - I accept cash or cheques. I offer some concessions for those in need and for block bookings/payment in advance
- cancellation of sessions - I do not charge when at least 24 hours notice is given. Usually I will be able to offer an alternative appointment rather than having to miss a session
- confidentiality - Everything you tell me is confidential, as is the very fact that I meet with you. An exception to this is if I think you are at serious risk of harm to yourself or others and then, unless there was an emergency, we would take time to discuss how to proceed,. The only other time I would breach confidentiality is if required by law.
- endings & reviews - Endings are an important part of the counselling process and we will spend time planning how and when to end. We will review our work together on an ongoing basis, and renegotiate our agreement together if necessary.
these will form the basis of our agreement to work together (sometimes called the counselling contract).
They are not ‘set in stone’ and I aim to be flexible wherever possible whilst bearing in mind that the certainties of counselling are themselves part of the therapeutic process.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays - Mondays to Fridays. Some early evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a Person-Centred supervisor and work in a collaborative manner.View supervision profile