Margot Schiemann MA, UKCP, Memb.IGA, Fip, Dip.ITHP, BAPPS
27 Avenue Mansions
499 Finchley Road
0203 112 0031
I have been in private practice since 1986, working with individuals, couples, groups and staff teams. I have also worked in many other settings, including the NHS and Social Services and I am part of a number of employee-assistance programmes. I am Bupa registered. I teach and supervise counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and I am a BAPPS and UKCP registered supervisor. My services conform to the UKCP and their codes of ethics and practice. I am experienced in working with a diverse range of ages and cultural and religious backgrounds. I have a special interest in creativity and community-building.
I offer short and long term counselling/psychotherapy.
I run groups aimed at helping people to develop their capacity for more rewarding personal and work relationships.
In my work with teams I offer individual and group consultations, Reflective Practice, as well as management development, team building and training. I have worked with staff in the NHS, the private sector, the creative industries and the business community
Psychotherapy or Counselling may be helpful with:
- Problems in relationships, with families or unresolved childhood issues
- Anxiety, stress, depression and hopelessness or other uncomfortable feelings
- Major life changes or emotional crises and difficulties in coping
- Lack of self-confidence and self-esteem or feeling overwhelmed with life
- Work-related stress, bullying, burnout, redundancy
- Sexual problems
- Addictions and eating disorders
- Loss, bereavement, divorce or separation
- Emotional impact of the menopause
- Abuse or trauma
- Difficulty in dealing with feelings of guilt, shame, frustration and anger
- Conflicts around cultural identity
- The need to change unfulfilling aspects of life
- A sense of meaninglessness in life
- Blocked creativity
- A need for personal development
I offer counselling/psychotherapy/supervision and team support in German as well as English.
Training, qualifications & experience
In 1983 I qualified in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at the Minster Centre, followed by a training at the Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy at the NHS.
I obtained an MA in Psychoanalytic Studies at the Tavistock Clinic and East London University and I am a Training Group Analyst with the Institute of Group Analysis where I also qualified as a BAPPS accredited supervisor.
I am a member of the following organisations:
- UKCP - UK Council for Psychotherapy
- IGA - Institute of Group Analysis
- Fip - Forum for independent Psychotherapists
- BAPPS - British Association for Psychodynamic and Psychoanalytic supervision
- Minster Centre - Minster Centre for Integrative, Traditional and Humanistic Psychotherapy and Counselling
- EATGA - European Association of Transcultural Group Analysis
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My aim is to help people towards a deeper understanding of themselves and their relationships.
Photos & videos
Fees are negotiable and considered in context of income and affordability.
I have a particular interest in creativity and in community building.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday and Thurs 8am-9pm - Avenue Mansions, NW3 7AX.
Weds 2pm - 9pm - Hamilton House, WC19BD.
Tuesday 2pm - 8pm - Swiss Cottage, NW3.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer individual and group supervision: face to face and Skype.View supervision profile