Andrea Andrews (Registered Member MBACP)
Birmingham Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre
127-131 Pottery Road
I am a humanistic counsellor and member of the BACP offering one-to-one counselling on an open ended or short term basis. I work with a wide range of issues and can provide a confidential and safe space for you to bring whatever you want, or need, to explore.
I work on the basis that each person is born with the resources to do what is best for them. Unfortunately life can be very difficult at times and these resources can seem hard or even impossible to access. I believe that if people are given the right conditions, they will flourish and live fulfilling and satisfying lives.
My Gestalt approach is to value the "whole" of you; your feelings, thoughts, experiences, beliefs, body process and behaviours. I would journey with you to raise your awareness and understanding of your feelings and thoughts, as well as the choices you make and how you relate to yourself and others. With increased awareness comes the ability to make satisfying choices and live more fully.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling 2008
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2006
Other CPD Training/Workshops in
- Relationally Focused Integrative Psychotherapy
- Relational Living Body Psychotherapy
- Clinical Applications of the Healing Tasks (for working with adult survivors of childhood abuse)
- Mental Health Awareness
Since December 2008 I have been working in private practice, offering one to one counselling on either a short term or open ended basis. I also work with EAP clients providing time-limited counselling. I have previously worked within a Mental Health Organisation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Compulsive hoarding
- Cross cultural relationships
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- My usual charge is £37.50 for a 50 minute session. I have some places at a reduced rate but availability is limited.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|