St Leonards On Sea
07708232450 / 07708232450
Counsellor – British Association for Counselling & Psychothrapy accredited member, The British Psychological Society member.
Clinical Supervisor, Life Coach & Trainer
Hello and a warm welcome to my Personal Profile,
Painful events or difficult life experiences can cause a great amount of grief. Problems and difficulties that are not addressed are unlikely to disappear by themselves. Talking through your issues with a well trained, experienced Counsellor can help you to find new ways of thinking and feeling which can lead to greater insight and change - to you living the life that you love!
I offer Counselling in many forms, hoping to enable all who wish to, to be able to access therapy:
I practice in Harley Street, London and also St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. Both venues are warm, quiet and confidential. Here I aim to create a safe, non- judgemental, comfortable space as together we explore issues and consider options for achieving the future you desire and deserve.
As well as face to face Counselling, I offer Skype Counselling, telephone and email counselling. Skype counselling proves very effective and enables me to reach clients globally. It also enables clients who may feel more comfortable talking with the comforts of their own home or clients who may not have easy access to transport. For many, the computer has become a way of life and this is simply an addition to it.
As an Integrative Counsellor I use many different therapeutic approaches, appropriately tailored to each client. Over my years of working within the NHS and privately seeing hundreds of clients I have gained a vast amount of experience and insight into a diverse range of issues and also of ways by which people learn and process differently. This has allowed me to develop an informed and versatile style of counselling, which is unique and individual to each client. It is evidence based qualitatively and quantitatively to see improved recovery. Fundamentally I believe that all change is possible given the right conditions. As a qualified, experienced Therapist I aim to offer alongside my skillset, an environment conducive to change; an environment that is warm, compassionate and non-judgemental.
I also teach Mindfulness classes and incorporate this into my practice when working with people 1:1 if appropriate.
‘MBCT' is recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) for the prevention of relapse in recurrent depression. It combines mindfulness techniques like meditation, breathing exercises and stretching with elements from cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) to help break the negative thought patterns that are characteristic of recurrent depression. Mindfulness is a potentially life-changing way to alter our feelings in positive ways, and an ever-expanding body of evidence shows that it really works.’ www.mentalhealth.org.uk/.../mental-health-a-z/M/mindfulness
Working effectively and ethically is important to me. I adhere to the BACP and BPS code of ethics and my work is regularly supervised. I keep up to date with developments in the field, regularly attending courses, workshops and other professional development activities. My practice is fully insured.
I receive many of my referrals through recommendations from previous clients. For me this validates the effectiveness of my form of therapy and the warmth and caring, non judgemental environment offered.
'I can't begin to thank you enough. I truly feel you have saved my life. I’m amazed. Not only have you helped me through my darkest days but you have helped me to become a stronger, happier person altogether. I no longer live in fear. I have learnt new thought processes and coping strategies. I actually feel happy for the first time in about ten years'. Matt
Thank you for reading my Personal Statement. Your choice of Counsellor is a very personal one and I wish you all the best on this journey. If you wish to contact me I greatly look forward to hearing from you, so that we can start working towards a happier more fulfilling life for yourself.
With best wishes
Training, qualifications & experience
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory – Bexhill College – 2007
- School of Natural Health Sciences - Diploma in Life Coaching – 2008
- NHS – Perinatal Depression – 2008
- NCFE - Diploma in Counselling – 2009
- Awareness in Bereavement Care – Foundation Course – Cruse – 2009
- HARCS – Counselling for Trauma - 2009
- HARCS - CBT Approach to Counselling Rape – 2009
- HARCS – Brief Solution Focussed Therapy - Counselling Rape & Sexual Assault –2009
- HARCS – Counselling For Rape Survivors - 2009
- Cruse – Bereavement and Depression - 2009
- Bexhill College - Emergency First Aid - 2009
- HARCS – Leading Anger Management Groups - 2010
- Cruse - Awareness in Bereavement Care – Level 2 – 2010
- Rise – Using Sand Trays and Objects – 2010
- HARCS – Counselling for Couples Part 1 – 2010
- HARCS – Counselling for Couples Part 2 – 2010
- NHS – Safe Guarding Vulnerable Adults – 2011
- NHS – Corporate Induction Training Model – 2011
- Inter Psyche – Diploma in Counselling Supervision – 2012
- NHS - Drug & Alcohol training – 2012
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor - 2013
- School of Natural Health Sciences – Diploma in Hypnotherapy – 2013
- School of Natural Health Sciences – Advanced diploma in Hypnotherapy Psychotherapy - 2013
- Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor, Life Coach, Trainer, Hypnotherapist and Aromatherapist – – Private Practice – November 2009 - present date
- Counsellor - Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – Health Assured October 2012 – Present date.
- NHS Senior Counsellor, Clinical supervisor & Trainer, band 7 – January 2014 – July 2014.
- Counselling Supervisor – St Michaels Hospice – May 2012 – January 2014
- Counsellor, Group Facilitator and Afterthoughts Counselling Service Coordinator – NHS – April 2008 – July 2013
- Counselling Supervisor – Hastings and Rother Counselling Service – February 2012 – September 2012
- Group Facilitator – My Time Project - Glee Club – Dragonflies – September 2011 – September 2012
- Counsellor – Hastings and Rother Counselling Service – September 2009 – September 2011
- Group Facilitator – Counsellor – Dragonflies/My Time Project – May 2011 – December 2011
- Counsellor – Cruse Bereavement Service – July 2009 – January 2010
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
£40.00 upwards per 50 minute's Counselling for client's living within the St Leonards on Sea/Hastings area.
£95.00 upwards per 50 minute's Counselling for client's accessing my Harley St Practice.
£40.00 per 50 minute's Counselling for Skype clients.
£50.00 per 60 minute's Supervision
My website is in the process of being constructed, my apologies for any inconvenience.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My availability is flexible. Do contact me and we can arrange a convenient time to suit you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Supervision.View supervision profile