Clare James UKCP Psychotherapist. MSc In Integrative Psychotherapy. EMDR
01403 700685 / 07946 250 560
- I am a UKCP registered psychotherapist with an MSc in Integrative psychotherapy and a fully qualified counsellor and a member of the Metanoia Training Institute.
- I also am an Accredited EMDR Consultant and work with clients who have had acute and chronic traumatic experiences.
- I work with some clients for several weeks, and other clients may need several months and then there are some clients whom I work with for several years.
- I offer a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space, in which you can have an opportunity to reflect upon past and present issues which may be blocking your ability to deal with your daily life.
- I believe that each person carries an amazing wealth of self knowledge and wisdom and it sometimes needs another person to support them in finding that part of themselves, and that is where the healing lies.
- I believe that the therapeutic relationship is the most important part of the healing process and each person brings their own specialness to our work together.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (2003)
- Post- graduate Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (2003)
- Diploma in Psychological Counselling (1997)
- Certificate in Pastoral Counselling (1990)
- Certificate in Counselling - RSA (1988)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (2004)
- EMDR Accredited Practitioner (2009)
- Master Practitioner Course in Eating Disorders (2010)
- Parent-Infant Mental Health Module (2006)
- How to Teach Baby Massage (2007)
- Psychological Trauma and the Child (2008)
- Sensori-Motor Psychotherapy Seminars (2009)
- PTSD in Preschool Children Seminar (2009)
- EMDR Masterclass in Treating Survivors of Sexual Abuse (2010)
- EMDR Conference and Coping with Trauma - Related Dissociation (2011)
- Why Psychotherapy Works-Mindfulness and Mindsight in therapy (2011)
- EMDR Practitioner with Children & Adolescents (2011)
- EMDR Consultants Training Course (2012)
- Working with Veterans EMDR Masterclass (2012)
- The Power of Non-verbal Communication- In the Talking Cure (2013)
- Tension & Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) (2013)
- A Masterclass in recent EMDR Research (2013)
- EUROPE Accredited EMDR Consultant (2014)
- The Art of EMDR Supervision (2014)
- Using EMDR with Military Clients (2014)
- Treating Traumatically traumatised Children (2015)
- EMDR Specialist Workshop - EMDR and First Responders Emergency Service Personnel (2015)
- Trauma & The Body: Somatisation & Dissociation (PODS training 2015)
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery (POSD training 2015)
- When People Hurt Children, What Happens to their Brains? (Dr Martin Teicher 2015)
- When There are No Words : EMDR for Early Trauma & Neglect in Implicit Memory (Dr Paulsen 2015)
- Shamanic Approaches in Modern Psychotherapy - Confer Conference. London April 2016.
- EMDR Toolboox- Complex Trauma Workshop - 2 days London Oct 2016
- Looking Through the Eyes: EMDR & Ego State Therapy Across The Dissociative Continuum - 2 day workshop London October 2016
- Towards an Embodied Self: Somatic Methods for EMDR Practitioners. 2 day workshop London October 2016.
- EMDR Consultants' Supervision training day - Jan 2017.
- EMDR Conference - London March 24 & 25th 2017
- Trauma & Attachment International seminar - London 12 -14th May 2017.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I am a Europe EMDR Accredited Consultant. In my practice I work with many different kinds of Trauma using EMDR, especially PTSD, and Complex Trauma, which is often associated with childhood abuses and neglect of various kinds.
- I also work with clients who have chronic pain or who have developed physical symptoms which do not appear to have a medical cause.
- I also work with clients with Relationship difficulties such as: divorce, separation, parenting problems and work related issues.
- I work with adolescents who are experiencing bullying and stress related to exam performance, and difficult family and peer relationships.
- Anxieties associated with phobias or compulsive behaviours respond well to EMDR interventions too.
- Life change issues and work related problems and how to manage the intense demands of trying to balance work and personal relationships.
- How to understand what happens to us when we have had a less than 'good enough' parenting and how it impacts upon our adult life and intimate relationships.
- The fee is £65 for 60 minutes
- I accept either cash or payment via BACS
- A typed receipt will be given on request.
- A cancellation fee is charged for missed sessions, unless 48 hours notice has been given.
- During the initial assessment session I will give feedback to each client about how I would work with them, and identify the main themes that I believe are causing problems in their present life.
- There would be regular reviews of our work so that we can ensure that I am attending to what each client actually needs.
- If possible I offer clients the same appointment slot each week.
- Some clients have to work irregular hours and that is taken into account and a variable appointment system is therefore offered.
- Issues regarding holidays and cancellations are discussed in the initial session and all such relevant information is written out for each client to take away and read.
- I require at least one session to prepare for ending our work.
- My office is a purpose built Swedish log cabin which is situated down my drive away from my home and has a designated parking space for your car.
- The area looks out onto garden and woodland and is a tranquil place in which to be reflective.
- There is a green 'public bridleway' sign at the top of the drive and there is a sign 'Lilac Cottage' on the top fence.
- There are blue and white 'Single Traffic ' signs directly opposite the cottage on Drungewick Lane on the B2133.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
09 - 20.15hrs Tuesday - Thursday
Types of client
Supervision & training
I undertook a year's course in clinical supervision in 2004 at Metanoia Institute.View supervision profile