Janet Astle Senior practitioner ~ Member NCS (Accred)
I could write here about me but you know that doesn't really inform you does it? What I would much rather share is my interest in you right now and what brought you to this place.
I have had my own experience of trauma in many guises. To include most form of abuse (including Self), addiction and great loss. All of which supports me to "get it", to have a far deeper understanding of how you might be feeling and perhaps how I can support you. I look forward to hearing about that soon...
Whatever service you may be looking for, I am not going to tell you I have the answers you want, but I do have many things you may need.
- Tools - You can use to help you understand and cope with what is happening right now
- Clarity – Around what exactly IS actually happening and not what it appears to be
- Knowledge - And Self wisdom, to know and understand yourself much better than you did before
- Skills - To identify what "triggers" certain behaviours, an unhelpful pattern or way of being
- Boundaries – To enable you to support those around you, but no longer at a cost to YourSelf
- Peace – How to locate that stillness within you, that IS a kind of achievement worth having
- Self Love – This is an ultimate, which we all strive for but often look for in others around us
Ultimately – What I would say to you here is that this may be a turning point in your life, it may feel like a breakdown in some way (I prefer and use the term Breakthrough) but whatever it is you are searching for, it is your choice to make the most of this opportunity, however uncomfortable or painful it may be. I understand how that can be.
If you would like to talk more about how I can help you personally, then please do contact me. There is no expectation from me that you will continue, unless it feels right.
Training, qualifications & experience
Experience ~ To include over 35 Years in Healthcare & WellBeing
Voluntary Work & Experience:
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Offering 1 - 1 Counselling to children and adults within their own home, working with issues around grief and loss. Later Supervision training leading to supervision of other volunteers.
- Checkpoint (Children's Society) Working in outreach destinations such as GP surgeries and Brixham Youth Enquiry offering 1 - 1 counselling to young adults with varying issues from bullying, abuse, alcohol & drug use to relationships.
- South Devon Women's Aid offering 1 - 1 counselling to women with varying issues around loss, bullying and domestic violence.
- Checkpoint group work "Esteem" with young adults exploring and building confidence and self-esteem.
- Children and Families in Grief - Working with families that have experienced a significant loss.
- BTEC D32 33 Assessors Award
- NEBS Management Certificate
- Cruse Bereavement Care Bereavement Counselling Skills
- Advanced Diploma (Level 4) Therapeutic Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy level 2
- Cruse Bereavement Care Accreditation
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Sand Play Therapy
- Level 6 Diploma in Body Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Grief and Loss:
I specialise in grief and loss which we often experience with an ending of some kind. We can experience loss in all areas of life and often don't realise this may be what's happening.
Self esteem, confidence, respect & loss of Self identity
Innocence, childhood, status, home, role, way of life, relationship, redundancy
Also many other things which can affect us in a similar way to an actual death.
Whatever concern Clients may bring at some stage, often there is some grief connected to loss within their lives.
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
- Psychotherapy, Counselling and Coaching - Individual £65 Per hour
- Consultancy, Supervision & Mentoring - Individual £70 per hour
Couple and Family work around loss and bereavement is available, please contact me to discuss any queries you may have.
I also offer group supervision, Coaching & Mentoring, please contact me for further details
*Student rates available, please contact me regarding this.
I am happy to receive cash payments, cheques and direct bank transfers
How it works:
If you have read the above and want to know more.....
- You contact me or give me details on how to contact you if that is preferable
- You contact me for a free consultation, which gives opportunity for you to ask questions and to see if we feel comfortable in working together to meet your needs.
- You visit my practice which is based in Brixham and outline the concern or problem you want help with and we discuss a way of working together and agree to continue or not.
You may also wish to go away and think about whether or not you want to continue.
Either way is absolutely fine, I won’t take anything personally if you choose not to work with me; I know how important it is to find the “right” person at this time.
If you choose to continue then we book a block of 6 sessions, in the first and possibly second of which I will complete an assessment gaining all the information I need. I write and you just talk to help me fill out the form.
If you have any further questions then please do get in touch.
You will note my experience and qualifications here, if you need updates to that please contact me by email.
Check my website for free supportive gifts, to include a free 10 and 20 minute meditation.
My practice is easily accessible and sits on the number 17 bus route, there is also on street parking available
There is sloping disabled access to my practice followed by 2 small steps at intervals within, however this may be unsuitable for a wheelchair user.
Thank you for reading and I wish you well...
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My practice is open between 9am - 7pm Monday to Friday Evening and emergency appointments are available on request
Types of client
Supervision & training
Emotional Coach & Mentor.View supervision profile