Karen Cherrington BSc Psych (Hons), Dip. Counselling, MBACP (Accred)
I offer counselling to people with a wide range of issues. I do offer evening, daytime and Saturday morning appointments. I work from a home office in the DY4 area.
Counselling is provided in a warm and safe environment and your confidentiality is key.
I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and operate under their code of ethics. I have 7 years post qualifying experience.
I use integrative counselling techniques with my core model being person centred. Other models used include Cognitive Bahavioural Therapy, Solution Focussed Brief Therapy, Gestalt.
For more information please refer to my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
Honours Degree in Psychology Gained in 2005.
NCFE Counselling Diploma Gained in 2008.
My experience includes:
- 7 years post qualification experience.
- several years working within Samaritans helping people to cope with a wide range of issues.
- I worked with young people (mainly teens) via the What? Centre for 18 months.
- working with victims of crime at Victim Support supporting people through issues such as domestic violence, rape, harassment etc. This was for around two years.
- I have worked via a GP practise in the NHS as their onsite counsellor. This was for around 18 months.
I currently work in private practise and work with individuals as well as accepting referrals from schools, the NHS and employers.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
My standard fee for counselling is £40 per 50 minute session. I also offer discounted counselling services for a select number of individuals and student counsellors.
If you are interested in finding out more about counselling or my counselling service then please don't hesitate to contact me. I am happy to talk over the telephone but sometimes this does need to be an arranged conversation due to my working arrangements. It is easy to contact me via e-mail or text.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer appointments Tuesday to Thursday evening, Friday between 9 and 5 and Saturday between 9 and 12.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|