Simon Carpenter EMDR EUR Accrd Practitioner BA counselling /psycho (BACP Accred)
Five Rivers Family Placement Service
Threemilestone Industrial Estate
I am BACP and EMDR Europe accredited practitioner for both adults and Children and young people. I work within the professional standards required for these professional bodies. I have 12 years experience providing therapeutic intervention for adults, children and young people . I have qualified to degree level, within a wide range of therapeutic models and practicing as an integrative therapist within a humanistic foundation. This enables me to be creative and flexible in relation to the way my clients wish to work. I feel passionately that the therapeutic relationship is the key to being able to be alongside the client, supporting them as they choose their path, and that the client needs to be in the right place at the right time with the right person.
Alongside my private practice I have worked with adults and children and young people in Schools, Colleges and Universities. I have over 13 years experience working with domestic abuse and the impact of sexual violence in adults and children and young people. My work includes: male and female rape ,sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues. I also provide supervision for other counsellors and therapists.
During the last 10years I have developed a local Cornish Children and Young persons Charity and where I am the CEO. We offer therapy to children and young people who have experienced physical, emotional. sexual psychological abuse. There are 25 other therapists who offer a range of therapeutic models, which include , music. art, drama, dance and movement, Theraplay ,psychotherapy, counselling.
I am a now EMDR practitioner accredited for children, young people so I can use this therapeutic approach with the a younger client group where appropriate who may have had past experiences that have resulted in a Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. I am also qualified to offer Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy(DDP) level 1 and 2 to help with attachment issues between children and their parents / carers. This resonates my personal interests in gardening, cooking and other outdoor pursuits with my family.
I recognise the importance of working within the BACP ethical framework, which informs me of best practice and professional integrity. I can offer therapy in the evenings from 6.30pm onwards. I don't offer therapy in the daytime or weekends.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully Accredited member of the BACP and registered with UKCC
- Child and adolescent affiliation within BACP
- Accredited adult practitioner and member of EMDR Europe.
- Currently working towards accreditation as an child and adolescent EMDR practitioner.
- BA Degree in Counselling and Psycotherapy
- Diploma and Professional Certificate in Person Centered Therapy
- Professional Certificate in Child and Adolescent Therapy
- OCR certificate in counselling
- Qualified and Register and Accredited practitioner with EMDR Europe in Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) working with adults and children.
- Diploma in Healthcare and social care management
- Certificate in group supervision and person centred supervision
- Attachment focused family therapy qualification level 1 & 2 Daniel Hughes DDP (Dyadic Developmental Psycotherapy)
- Certificate in rape /Sexual Abuse.
- Certificate in Childhood loss and grief.
- Certificate in separation / loss using story telling techniques
- Certificate in parental mental health impact on CYP.
- Certificate in Parental substance misuse / impact on children
- Certificate in Working with victims and abusers
- CAMMAT trained in safeguarding children and young people up to date
- Certificate in Eating disorders
- Certificate suicide alertness training
- Sand tray therapy training
- Certificate in Trauma and resilience
- Workshop on the dance of attachment
- Certificate in suicide alertness
- Workshop Compassionate Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Cultural capability training
- CADDA Dash training
- Child Exploitation training -Safe and sound
I have over 13 years experience working in Domestic Abuse and Sexual violence in adults and children and young people. My work includes; male and female rape, sexual abuse, relationship break down, bullying, same sex relationships, self-esteem, attachment issues, adoption and identity issues.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship issues
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Families and Children and Young people within a domestic abuse setting , gender issues, sexual abuse, same sex couples work , adoption for same sex couples, resilience and trauma.
Photos & videos
Face to face sessions: £50.00 per 60 minute session
EMDR sessions: £60.00 for 90 minute session
Couple counselling: £70.00 per 60 minute session
Dyadactic Psycotherapy: £100 per session
A cancellation fee of £35.00 will be charged if less than 24 hours notice given
To ensure that my clients feel safe and comfortable I offer a unique private stand alone counselling facility which is in its own rural setting. It offers its own discreet entrance, with gardens and parking facilities.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
my practice is available from 5.30pm Monday to Friday and saturdays 9 am - 12
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am a person centred qualified supervisor for both group and individual work, I have studied to degree level.View supervision profile