Ann Curley MBACP (Accred) Counsellor and Supervisor
1 Market Street
1 Market Street
I have been practising as a Counsellor for 16 years and became accredited by the BACP in 2007. Since qualifying, I have continued to work in the NHS, providing specialist counselling support individuals and couples within the Department of Reproductive Medicine, as well as more generalised counselling support to staff members.
I have 12 years practice experience as a school counsellor supporting children and young adults aged 7-18 years. I am also a registered social worker with 9 years experience supporting adults experiencing mental health difficulties.
Alongside working in the NHS and schools, I have experience of providing employment assistance counselling support in local authority and commercial organisations. I have tutored on counselling issues and counselling skills courses and have enjoyed gathering a wide range of experience through many years of practice in different settings.
I have an Advanced Diploma in counselling from Manchester University and qualified as an integrative counsellor in 2001. Since then I have continued to develop my practice and skills base and have completed a wide range of additional training.
I am a qualified counselling supervisor providing supervision to counsellors working in a school and Women's Centre setting.
I am able to offer a confidential and flexible counselling service in a warm, safe and friendly environment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
- Accredited member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (AMBICA)
- Certificate of Counselling and Psychotherapy Supervision Practice
- BA Hons Degree
- Advanced Diploma and MA in Social Work
Continuing professional development courses and training (2001-present)
- Solution focused brief therapy - BRIEF
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Grief and loss training
- Infertility counselling
- Counselling children - Relate Institute
- Working creatively with children
- Group skills (for trainers) theory and practice
- Safeguarding (adults and children)/domestic violence training (regularly renewed and updated)
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Risk assessment training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
£40 per hour for individuals
£45 per hour for couples
£45 per 1.5 hours for supervisees
I have a person centered philosophy and through my training as an integrative counsellor, I am able to apply different counselling approaches to try to help individuals, couples, adults, children and young people overcome problems and hopefully find themselves in a preferred place.
In terms of the service that I offer, I aim to be as flexible as possible and am happy to negotiate times and frequency of contact to meet the needs of the individual.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available most evenings and all day on Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor and have completed a Certificate in Integrative Supervision based on the Hawkins and Shohet 'Seven Eyed Model of Supervision'.View supervision profile