Ann Curley MA, MBACP (Accred) BICA (Accred) Counsellor and Supervisor
1 Market Street
I am a BACP Accredited Counsellor with 18 years experience providing support to adults, couples, children and young people. I have worked predominantly in NHS and school settings and now also have a private practice.
My work with adults has mainly included supporting people experiencing anxiety, work related stress, low mood and depression, abuse, trauma, low self worth, self harm, obsessive/compulsive patterns and bereavement and loss.
I am accredited by the British Infertility Counselling Association (BICA) and have specialist skills supporting individuals and couples to manage the emotional impact of infertility investigations and treatment, miscarriage and loss. I am also able to support women experiencing endometriosis and hysterectomy.
I have worked with children and young adults (age 7 -18) years in a school setting for many years and also have experience counselling young people in further and higher education establishments. This support has included helping children and young people to deal with problems such as bullying, exam stress, body image issues, relationship difficulties, sexual identity, low mood, self harm, loss of confidence and friendship issues.
I have an Advanced Diploma in counselling from Manchester University and qualified as an integrative counsellor in 2001. Since then I have continued to develop my practice and skills base and have completed a wide range of additional training.
I am able to offer a confidential and flexible counselling service in a warm, safe and friendly environment. Please do not hesitate to contact for a chat about what you may need from counselling and also to help you decide if I am the right person to help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP Accredited Counsellor
- UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor
- Accredited member of the British Infertility Counselling Association (AMBICA)
- Certificate of Counselling and Psychotherapy Supervision Practice
- BA Hons Degree
- Advanced Diploma and MA in Social Work
Continuing professional development courses and training (2001-present)
- Solution focused brief therapy - BRIEF
- Introduction to transactional analysis
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Grief and loss training
- Infertility counselling
- Counselling children - Relate Institute
- Working creatively with children
- Group skills (for trainers) theory and practice
- Safeguarding (adults and children)/domestic violence training (regularly renewed and updated)
- Working with survivors of sexual abuse
- Risk assessment training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
£40 per hour for individuals
£45 per hour for couples
£45 per 1.5 hours for supervisees
I have a person centered philosophy and through my training as an integrative counsellor, I am able to apply different counselling approaches to try to help individuals, couples, adults, children and young people overcome problems and hopefully find themselves in a preferred place.
In terms of the service that I offer, I aim to be as flexible as possible and am happy to negotiate times and frequency of contact to meet the needs of the individual.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available most evenings and all day on Fridays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor and have completed a Certificate in Integrative Supervision based on the Hawkins and Shohet 'Seven Eyed Model of Supervision'.View supervision profile