Teresa Lewis MSc PgDip BA(Hons) MBACP(Snr Accred) MAC
Lewis Psychology CIC
93 Tettenhall Road
01902 827808 / 0774 888 5614
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr. Accred). During her 21 years of active clinical practice Teresa has completed over 15,000 therapy sessions and has successfully dealt with a wide range of issues from anger management to health anxiety. Teresa holds a Masters degree in counselling and psychotherapy and is a qualified EMDR Practitioner having completed training accredited with EMDR Europe.
Teresa is a trained adult educator and has lectured extensively in the field of counselling and psychotherapy. She is also an Accredited mindfulness teacher and currently divides her time between clinical practice and teaching mindfulness. As a recognised expert in her field Teresa is frequently asked to conduct editorial reviews and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses.
BACP ACCREDITED COUNSELLING SERVICE
Teresa is the founder and director of multi-award winning Wolverhampton Counselling Practice Lewis Psychology CIC. Lewis Psychology CIC is the only counselling and psychotherapy practice in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
BREATH WORKS ACCREDITED MINDFULNESS TRAINING COURSES WITH TERESA LEWIS
Teresa regularly delivers the Breathworks Accredited Mindfulness for Stress Course. The Mindfulness course consists of 8 x 2-hour group sessions, where there will be guided mindfulness practice and theoretical teachings. Each week participants are taught a number of different mindfulness practices that can be incorporated into daily life to reduce stress and aid general wellbeing.
All course participants will also receive:
- The Little Mindfulness Workbook By Gary Hennesey (Crimson Publishing)
- The Little Mindfulness Practice Book by Gary Hennessey (Published by Breathworks)
- MP3 with 18 different guided meditations
- Lewis Psychology certificate of attendance
To find out more about our Mindfulness for Stress Course please click: Mindfulness for Stress, Wolverhampton.
Teresa also delivers an eight week Mindfulness Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) course for graduates of Accredited 8 week Mindfulness courses such as MBCT, MBSR and Breathworks courses. Practices are grounded in modern neuroscience and compassion focussed therapy (CFT) thus offering a fascinating synthesis of contemplative practice and new brain science.
Lewis Psychology operate from a beautiful Victorian building just 10 minutes walk from Wolverhampton town centre. The building, Berrington Lodge, was originally built in 1866 by renowned architect George Bidlake. It has been renovated to an exceptionally high standard and hosts several counselling rooms, a private waiting area and free off road car parking.
AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
Lewis Psychology's head office is at 93 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton but counselling and psychotherapy services can also be accessed at other venues by arrangement.
HOW TO FIND LEWIS PSYCHOLOGY CIC
* By car: Lewis Psychology CIC is on Tettenhall Road (A41) approximately a half a mile from Wolverhampton town centre. Abbeyfield Parkdale residential home is to the left and the Shell garage to the right.
* By bus: If you are travelling via public transport Lewis Psychology CIC is on the Tettenhall bus route (bus number one) from Wolverhampton bus station. You will need to get off the bus on Tettenhall Road just before the Shell garage. The bus stop is directly outside Abbeyfield Parkdale residential home.
* By foot: Approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk from Wolverhampton city centre.
PRACTICE OPENING TIMES
Monday 8:20am to 8:10pm
Tuesday 8:20am to 8:10pm
Wednesday 8:20am to 8:10pm
Thursday 8:20am to 8:10pm
Friday 8:20am to 8:10pm
Saturday 9.00am to 7:00pm
ENQUIRIES AND BOOKING INFORMATION
Telephone: (01902) 827808
Mobile/text: 0774 888 5614
If nobody is available please leave a message on the confidential 24 hour answering service and your call will be returned.
Training, qualifications & experience
* Masters Degree (Msc) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Post Graduate Diploma (PgDip) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Post Graduate Certificate (PgCert) in Counselling and Psychotherapy
* Bachelor Degree with Honours (BA Hons)
* Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) (all parts)
* Mindfulness Teacher Training One (Breathworks)
* Mindfulness Teacher Training Two (Breathworks)
* Mindfulness Teacher Training Advanced (Breathworks)
* Mindful Movement Teacher Training (Breathworks)
* Mindful Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher Training Foundation
* Mindful Based Compassionate Living (MBCL) Teacher training One
* Practitioner Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
* General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (GQHP)
* Diploma in Counselling
* Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
* Certificate in Counselling
* Certificate in Further Education Teaching
PROFESSIONAL ACCREDITATIONS AND REGISTRATIONS
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist
* Founding Member of the BACP Coaching Division
* Registered Member of the Association for Coaching (MAC)
* British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Accredited Counselling and Psychotherapy Service
* Accredited Mindfulness Teacher (Breathworks)
* Member of The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
* The General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) Validated Practitioner
Since founding the company in 2009 Lewis Psychology CIC has rapidly become a flagship counselling and psychotherapy business. The company has achieved national recognition for excellence in service delivery and ethical business principles. This recognition is clearly illustrated through Lewis Psychology CIC’s rapid expansion and business awards.
2010: Awarded the prestigious Social Enterprise Mark. The Social Enterprise Mark is a 'Fair Trade'-type stamp that helps people identify businesses that are ethically motivated.
2011: Lewis Psychology CIC become the ONLY counselling and psychotherapy service in Wolverhampton to be awarded service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
2011: Awarded a 2011 Entrepreneur Award for ‘Business Providing the Best Social or Economic Contribution to the Region’.
As a recognised expert in the field of counselling Teresa is frequently asked to review and endorse counselling and psychotherapy books for international publishing houses. Teresa’s most recent book endorsement was Skills in Gestalt Counselling and Psychotherapy (Second Edition) by Charlotte Sills and Phil Joyce, which was published by Sage.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD)
Teresa continues to update her knowledge and skills by attending training events and by conducting further study.
* Clear Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) disclosure.
* Registered Data Controller under the Data Protection Act (1998).
* Qualified as a counsellor / psychotherapist in 1995
* 20 years active clinical experience
* Over 15,000 therapy hours dealing with a wide range of issues
* Experienced individual and couple counsellor
* Experienced manager of local psychotherapy services
* Works with local organisations, GP surgeries and individuals to provide counselling support
* Founder and Director of award winning psychotherapy practice, Lewis Psychology CIC
* 15 years experience as a counselling and psychotherapy supervisor
* Experienced supervisor of qualified and trainee therapists
* Provides supervision to counsellors working in private, public and third sector organisations
* 22 years experience as a trainer
* Responsible for the delivery of training programmes to public sector departments including social services and the local education authority
* Works with organisations to provide interpersonal training and bespoke staff development programmes
* Extensive portfolio of courses
* Former lecturer in counselling
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
* Health anxiety
* Unexplained physical systems
* Sleep problems
* Physical injury
* Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME)
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
* Preparation for surgery
* Weight management
* Chronic illness and/or disability
* Rape and sexual assaults
* Road Traffic Accidents (RTA)
* Sexual abuse
* Victims of crime
* Bullying and harassment
* Work stress
* Lack of assertiveness
* Career issues
* Conflict with management / colleagues
The above list is not exhaustive. Teresa deals with many problems that are not listed and recognises that alot of issues are too complex to fall into neat categories.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Our organisations customers are asked to contact us for details of our corporate pricing structure.
* Couple counselling
* Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
* CBT weight loss programme
* Employee assistance programme (EAP)
* Clinical supervision
* Life coaching
* Executive coaching
* Business coaching
* Anger management
* Clinical Hypnotherapy
* Mindfulness For Stress Courses
Lewis Psychology Community Interest Company (CIC) is the only organisation in Wolverhampton to gain service accreditation status with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). BACP Service Accreditation demands the highest standards of practice in the counselling and psychotherapy profession and is considered by many to be the highest honour in the field.
The BACP Service Accreditation helps the public and practitioners identify services providing a high standard of counselling and psychotherapy. It sets the standard to which all counselling and psychotherapy services can aspire to and demonstrates a commitment to excellence.
Lewis Psychology is a psychological health and coaching company servicing businesses and the general public in Wolverhampton and throughout the West Midlands. We provide a large range of expert counselling and coaching services to customers looking to enhance work performance or explore some aspect of life, their feelings or behaviour.
An Ethical Business
Lewis Psychology CIC is a multi-award winning social enterprise that uses commercial expertise to achieve maximum community impact. We are a not-for-personal-profit organisation that trades and earns money whilst providing psychological health services, health education, employment and other benefits to the community. Rather than dividing profit between share holders all of our profits are used to expand the services that we provide and generate employment for local people. We provide essential community services and create economic growth at the same time.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Yes (with an Accredited member of the Lewis Psychology team)|
Monday to Friday 8.20am to 8.10pm Saturday 8.20am to 6.00pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Teresa Lewis is a Senior Accredited therapist with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP Snr.View supervision profile