Deborah M. Fish, M.Sc, Psychotherapist
As a counsellor, hypnotherapist and psychotherapist with over 25 years' experience I can help with a wide range of issues such as anxiety (panic, phobias etc.), depression, relationship difficulties, bereavement, the impact of health challenges etc. My approach is compassionate, holistic and pragmatic. I also have extensive experience offering EMDR therapy for the symptoms of PTSD, due to the emotional impact of accidents, traumatic loss, violence, combat trauma etc.
As an integrative psychotherapist, I have worked with a wide range of conditions using various approaches. My background is international, and my experience includes the NHS, university counselling services, and private practice. In private practice I have worked with referrals from employee assistance programs, rehab services, and private healthcare providers
My approach to private practice is flexible. Whether you are looking for a few sessions in order to work through a particular issue, or seeking longer term regular appointments, we could discuss your therapy goals in order to decide upon the most appropriate way forward. If you live further afield, after an initial in-person consultation, depending upon your therapy needs, Skype sessions might be an option.
If I could be of help, please let me know.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked with a wide range of issues with adolescents and adults, individuals and couples.
Some of my qualifications include:
- Master of Science Degree - UK
- BA Hons, majoring in Psychology - Canada
- Advanced Diploma of Hypnosis & Psychotherapy - National College of Hypnosis & Psychotherapy, UK
- EMDR Europe accredited clinical supervisor/consultant
- Drug & Alcohol counselling training - Canada
- Nutrition and Mental Health - NHS & Hull University
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Clinical hypnosis, hypno-psychotherapy, regressions etc.
- Tapping or EFT is a very useful technique that I sometimes use in a session or show clients for their own emotional self-care.
- If you are seeking help with bereavement you might be interested in Repair and Reattachment Grief Therapy or an IADC which are psycho-spiritual approaches. Please see my website for more details.
Counselling and psychotherapy: £50 per hour
EMDR therapy, Hypnotherapy, Hypno-psychotherapy Sessions: £55 per hour
Supervision: £50 per hour
EMDR Supervision: £55 per hour
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mostly late afternoon/early evening and/or Saturday appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My experience includes providing supervision to counsellors, hypnotherapists, high intensity CBT therapists, and EMDR practitioners.View supervision profile