Ian Davis.B.Sc. M.A. B.A.C.P Senior Accred
104 Edgeley Road
As a counselor and clinical supervisor with over twenty years post qualification experience I hope the following will give you a sense of how I work.
1. My main aim is to provide a safe, quiet and therapeutic space, in which a relationship of trust can develop.
2. I have found that clients who have, or develop, a meaning or personal philosophy to their lives, tend to feel more fulfilled.
3. Exploring personal histories and how childhood experiences, both positive and negative, have helped shape our present is a key part of healing. But we also need to avoid getting caught up in the 'drama' of our stories and allowing them to determine or limit our lives.
4. I believe we need to learn to 'tread lightly' in life , which does not mean not living deeply and intensely,but does mean consciously trying to avoid being sucked into the heaviness of self despair and pity.
5. Mindfulness and meditation can help this process, allowing us to gently and compassionately notice and be curious about our lives.
6.I always try to be sensitive to issues around race, culture, sexuality, gender, disability and other 'differences'. I avoid making assumptiond and respect a client's choices and autonomy at all times.
7. I look forward to hearing from you. My website is claphamoldtowncounselling.com
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc Econ (Hons ) 1978
Diploma Integrative Psychosynthesis Counselling 1996
BACP Accredited Counsellor 2000
M.A Cultural Astronomy 2008
BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor 2008
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
My fee for a fifty minute session is £65 . I have reduced fees for those on low incomes. Couples counselling is £70
In addition I keep two counselilng spaces free of charge for those with no regular income, although donations are accepted .These are for short term counselling only, usually six sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekday daytime and evenings
Types of client