Trish Benson Counselling Therapist & Registered M.BACP
Terrington St Clements
01553 827272 / 07867904034
Hello and welcome my name is Trish,
I have been offering professional counselling for just over 11 years, seeing clients privately for 8 years. I have helped with a range of issues offering both short term or long term counselling. My previous professional work has always involved helping others, working within the public sector (the prison service as a prison officer for 17 years) and then charitable organisations The Matthew Project West Norfolk, The One to One Project King's Lynn and Dhiverse Cambridgeshire.
Sometimes our mental health, unexpected change in our lives or the lives of those close to us or even difficulties in our relationships can leave us feeling overwhelmed we can't seem to find a way through. All too often we can tend to be hard on ourselves thinking we "should" be able to cope, we doubt choices we make or have made, wonder why certain situations seem to keep repeating. Despite our best efforts, we can feel stuck however therapy can bring a sense of hope understanding and relief. It can help us unravel things helping us to see things more clearly, understanding coping strategies that once were needed but maybe are not so helpful now.
Counselling doesn't provide instant solutions but it can help alleviate troubles as together we try to understand what's feeling difficult or confusing and then help you to find a way through. Counselling can bring hope clarity and possibility. It's not always easy making the first call or writing the first contact email but once made it can feel a relief just to begin. The experience of feeling heard and valued often helps more than we might imagine.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Group Facilitation - The Institute of Group Analysis (IGA) London 2016 - Current
- Group Facilitator - Psychoeducational Group local mental health charity 2011 - Current
- BACP Professional Certificate of Proficiency (CoP ) 2010
- Level 4 Post Grad Adv.Dip Therapeutic Counselling 2004 - 2006
- Level 3 Counselling Studies 2006;
- Level 3 Counselling Skills 2006;
- Certificate in Bereavement 2006,
- Leading Structured Groups 2006 (Group Facilitator HMP Service)
- Level 2 Counselling Skills 2005; Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Prison officer within the Prison Service a, Group Facilitator and Staff care team support.
- Drugs Support worker for the Matthew Project charity within Norfolk.
- Support worker for DHIVERSE a Cambridge based sexual health charity
- Counselling for 10 years with a local community counselling charity - helping people with distressing difficulties - OCD, Generalised Anxiety, Depression, Grief Loss and Bereavement, Relationship Breakdowns, Sexual emotional and physical abuse. Eating Disorders.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience helping people with relationship issues, depression and anxiety, drug and alcohol problems, sexual, physical and emotional abuse, sexual orientation and identity, eating disorders, bereavement and loss and helping people to build their self-esteem when feeling unsure of themselves.
I've also helped with difficult emotions such as anger, resentment and rage.
Photos & videos
Initial appointment is 1 hour
Individual sessions £35.00p - 50 min appointment
Couple work £45.00p - per appointment
I offer some reduced fee places please contact me to discuss and we can agree fees together money is important but you and your counselling is important too .
I am a professionally registered member of the BACP British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) this is a professional organisation that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) (a government body)
I hold a current DBS (The Disclosure and Barring Service)
I have disabled access to my counselling premises.
Bus stop 5 min's away from location (Norfolk Green 505 between Spalding &
I attend monthly supervision to ensure I uphold my ethical responsibilities I regularly attend counselling seminars and workshops to ensure I continue to develop my understanding of specific difficulties and needs .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|