Trish Benson Counselling Therapist & Registered M.BACP
Terrington St Clements
01553 827272 / 07867904034
Hello and welcome my name is Trish,
I have been offering professional counselling for just over 10 years, seeing clients privately for 6 years. I have helped with a range of issues offering both short term or long term counselling. My previous professional work has always involved helping others, working within the public sector (the prison service as a prison officer for 17 years ) and then charitable organisations The Matthew Project West Norfolk , The One to One Project King's Lynn and Dhiverse Cambridgeshire.
Sometimes our mental health, unexpected change in our lives or even the lives of those close to us or difficulties in our relationships can leave us feeling overwhelmed we can't seem to find a way through. All to often we can tend to be hard on ourselves thinking we "should" be able to cope, we doubt choices we make or wonder why certain situations seem to keep repeating. Dispite our best efforts we can feel stuck we worry feeling anxious or unsure what to do or where to turn. It's during these times that people courageously take the positive step of seeking professional support from counselling.
Counselling can bring hope clarity and possibility it's not always easy making the first call or writing the first contact email but once made it can feel a relief just to begin. The experience of feeling heard and valued often helps more than we imagined.
It is a privilege to help those who have placed their trust in and me I continue to learn that life is all about relationships. The quality of our lives is influenced by our relationships and the quality of our relationships influances our lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Professional Certificate of Proficiency (CoP ) 2010
- Level 4 Post Grad Adv.Dip Therapeutic Counselling 2006 - 2008
- Level 3 Counselling Studies 2006;
- Level 3 Counselling Skills 2006;
- Level 2 Counselling Skills 2005; Level 2 Introduction to Counselling Skills 2005
- Certificate in Bereavement 2006,
- Leading Structured Groups 2006 (Group Facilitator HMP Service)
- Prison officer within the Prison Service a, Group Facilitator and Staff care team support.
- Drugs Support worker for the Matthew Project charity within Norfolk.
- Support worker for DHIVERSE a Cambridge based sexual health charity
- Counselling for 10 years with a local community counselling charity - helping people with distressing difficulties - OCD, Generalised Anxiety, Depression, Grief Loss and Bereavement, Relationship Breakdowns, Sexual emotional and physical abuse. Eating Disorders.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have experience helping people with relationship issues, depression and anxiety, drug and alcohol problems, sexual, physical and emotional abuse, sexual orientation and identity, eating disorders, bereavement and loss and helping people to build their self-esteem when feeling unsure of themselves.
I've also helped with difficult emotions such as anger, resentment and rage.
Photos & videos
Initial appointment is 1 hour
Individual sessions £35.00p - 50 min appointment
Couple work £45.00p - per appointment
I offer some concessions please contact me to discuss we can agree fees together.
I am a professionally registered member of the BACP British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) this is a professional organisation that has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) (a government body)
I hold a current DBS (The Disclosure and Barring Service)
I have disabled access to my counselling premises.
Bus stop 5 min's away from location (Norfolk Green 505 between Spalding &
I attend monthly supervision to ensure I uphold my ethical responsibilities I regularly attend counselling seminars and workshops to ensure I continue to develop my understanding of specific difficulties and needs .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|