01382 652527 / 07804607283
I provide a safe, therapeutic space for unheard voices to be listened to and understood, with heart. I am based in Dundee but also provide long-distance counselling. Services include:
Counselling for Young People and Adults
- In Person
- By Telephone
- Via Skype
- One-off Consultations
- Home visits (within Dundee city)
- Walk and Talks (Counselling out of the Chair - see website for details)
- Supervision for Qualified Counsellors & Counsellors in Training
- Several low cost appointments every week for Individuals on low income, Students, Counsellors in Training.
My aim in counselling is to enable you to be and feel heard, to be acknowledged and to experience a sense of connection. Together we will co-create a relationship that will help you to have a stronger sense of who you are, what you want and need, and understand how you are in relationships.
My commitment to you is to:
- listen to you with an open mind & an open heart
- accept you and never judge you
- maintain your confidentiality
- challenge you
- be willing to learn from you and to grow
- provide affordable counselling
- continue my ongoing development
- work alongside you with integrity and professionalism
- support you as you explore your feelings & experiences
How counselling helps
Anyone can benefit from counselling. We all need support at different times in our lives and counselling can help you to feel less anxiety, worry and shame alongside an increased flexibility and personal freedom as you feel more connected to yourself and the people in your life.
Person-Centred Counselling can help you to:
- Explore your self-concept and become more connected to your body, feelings, thoughts and emotions.
- Develop your self-awareness
- Trust and value your own experiences
- Build your self-worth,
- Enable you to develop healthy boundaries with yourself and others and
heal from your trauma, whatever that is.
- Learn how to help yourself to feel safe when anxious, scared etc
- Be spontaneous
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have developed extensive and invaluable experience within the field of counselling and wellbeing. I was fortunate to be trained by leading members of the Person-Centred field and I am passionate about developing my skills and awareness.
- For me, working alongside clients is the most rewarding gift and it is my responsibility to ensure that my knowledge and skills are continually developing.
Training & Development (fuller list can be found on my website)
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Education (Northern College of Education)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Person-Centred Counselling (Jordanhill Counselling Unit, University of Strathclyde. BACP accredited)
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision (University of Edinburgh. COSCA accredited)
During my employment in New York City as an Assistant Psychologist, I received an Outstanding Achievement Award & a grant towards future study as an acknowledgement of my contribution to services within the national organisation.
I also have extensive experience in telephone counselling, specialising in working with clients who are suicidal or have suicidal thoughts. Currently, I am in private practice in Dundee and shall be commencing an M.A in Dance and Somatic Wellbeing in October. I aim to introduce somatic practice to Dundee. I am also co-founder of SOS (Shake it Off Stockport) which is a monthly, sober community dance event.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Family & its many shapes and forms
Mental health issues
I enjoy working creatively within the therapeutic space. Clients and I have enjoyed a variety of healing expression through storytelling, poetry, art, music, writing and drama.
Photos & videos
Counselling Sessions - The initial session is 90 minutes in length. It is a 'Getting to know you' Session which enables you to have a full hour to talk about what you need to and then we have 30 minutes to explore our expectations, how we can work together etc. This is £40. Subsequent sessions are 60 minutes in length.
Telephone/ Skype - £35 for initial 90 minute session. Subsequent sessions are 60 minutes
Walk And Talk -£25 for initial 90 minute session. Subsequent sessions are 50 minutes.
I offer a discount for block bookings of 3 (payment in advance).
Call me for a free discovery chat (15-20 mins approx) to start a conversation about what you need and how I can help you.
Sessions available at lower rate for Individuals on low income/Students and Counsellors in Training.
* Fees payable are to reserve the therapeutic hour, not for attendance. Once a session has been booked, the agreed fee must be paid unless 24 hours notice given.
Counselling is a positive and empowering process. If you are willing to commit to yourself and the therapeutic relationship, you can accomplish a greater sense of wellbeing and facilitate your own growth and development.
Appointments available during day and evening and have limited weekend availability.
I work within the BACP ethical framework & follow stated guidelines for good practice. I receive supervision on a monthly basis to ensure that I am working in the best way I can for each client. I also attend regular trainings and CPD to update and enhance my skills.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Working from home On Street Parking Monday-Friday 9am-9pm, Saturday 9am-12pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I completed my Certificate in Supervision (COSCA Accredited) in 2009.View supervision profile