01582 520294 / 07970 144574
I am experienced therapist having trained 22 years ago, working in several different forums over the years, from health, education, local government and bereavement. I am a private practitioner working from my home, in addition I work part time for a local Youth Counselling Service as the Director. Part of my role includes counselling clients and offering clinical supervision to the volunteers and staff.
In private practice I offer short term therapy if you have a particular issue you wish to focus on or longer term therapy if you wish to make changes at a deeper level. Alternatively therapy can also be used to increase your self awareness in order to live a content and fulfilled life.
As a trained clinical supervisor I offer clinical supervision to students and qualified therapists, both individuals and groups are welcome. I facilitate group workshops on self awareness, body language and basic listening skills, the contents of the group work is self determined.
If you would like to contact me and arrange an appointment I will happy to meet you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling and Therapy Central School of Counselling and Therapy (CSCT) 1986
- Bereavement Bedfordshire Pasque Hospice 1986
- Refresher Training on Counselling Adolescents 1995
- B.A. Hons Degree in Psychology Luton University 2000
- Registered Counsellor/ Psychotherapist Practitioner Accredited Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy 2004
- Clinical Supervision Diploma ABC Cascade 2006
Specialist Training on: self harm, eating disorders, play therapy, art therapy
substance misuse, drug and alcohol awareness, physical/sexual abuse, depression, bereavement and loss, M.E / fatigue syndrome, trauma, depression, gender issues and anxiety driven disorders OCDC.Safe Guarding Children and Adolescents Certificate Bedford County Council.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£35-£45 per session
Fees are negotiable for student counsellors or those on low income
Fees for individual supervision £40
In groups of less than 4 persons, £18 each
In groups of more than 4 persons £16 each
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Supervision & training