Nicola Belle Member of AHPP COUNSELLOR/PSYCHOTHERAPIST
9 Mount Pleasant
HOW I WORK
It is both my belief and my experience that we all have the answers to our own problems. We simply need a sense of safety and support to access the insight and inner knowing that lies within us. By creating a warm, welcoming and supportive environment, I enable you to freely express and explore the full range of your thoughts and feelings. Drawing on my intuition and expertise, I support you to discover your heart's deepest longing and how to move towards ease, joy and fulfilment in your life.
HOW CAN COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY HELP?
Experiencing difficult emotions and recurring negative thoughts by yourself can be lonely and painful. You may be undergoing demands, pressures or expectations that sometimes feel overwhelming. Receiving deep listening and acceptance can feel like a huge relief. You will be given space to explore your situation and discover a way forward.
I will help you to bring greater awareness, perspective and understanding to the challenges you face.
As we investigate and release unhelpful beliefs and conditioning, you can rediscover your personal power and live a more creative and meaningful life.
I help people to let go of self-judgement and accept themselves as they are. By observing the inner critic and focusing on more helpful thought patterns, I enable clients to develop inner strength and a positive self-image.
RELIEVING STRESS & ANXIETY
The ways stress and anxiety affect us may vary and can include bodily tension, poor sleep patterns, lack of concentration, worry about the past or future, general unease and feelings of insecurity or self-doubt.
You will be supported to:
- Enjoy a sense of well-being and self-confidence
- Discover your hidden potential and the unique gifts you have to offer
- Transform unhelpful behaviour
- Feel a greater sense of relaxation and peace
- Cultivate positive thought patterns
- Enjoy life in the present moment
- Make effective choices
- Become assertive so as to feel truly empowered
- Improve and discover new relationship skills
LOSS AND BEREAVEMENT COUNSELLING
The loss of a loved one, or the ending of a relationship is one of the most challenging experiences we can go through.
There can be initial feelings of shock and numbness, followed by grief, confusion, anxiety and anger (not necessarily in that order).
It can be difficult to cope with these feelings by yourself. I offer gentle and confidential support to help you come to terms with your loss and discover a way forward.
'Nicola has helped me to treat myself with compassion and understanding and to trust life at the very deepest level. Work with her if you want someone who is wise, insightful and exceptionally skilled. I cannot recommend her highly enough' Diana, Stroud
'I have always found Nicola to be warm, gentle and kind, whilst remaining completely grounded in her power as a woman. I would wholeheartedly recommend her as a therapist' Gabriella, Slimbridge
'I'd like to extend my heartfelt thanks for your help. I feel you've given me exactly what I needed - the support to help me navigate the emotional highs and lows of life' Jeremy, Cheltenham
Training, qualifications & experience
- Trained as a Social Worker and and was employed for five years by Somerset Social Services.
- Graduate of the Karuna Institute in Core Process Psychotherapy. Core Process is a therapy that combines the wisdom and compassion of the East with the insights and understanding of Western psychology.
- Member of the Association of Humanistic Psychology for Practitioners.
- Completed a training as a Cruse Bereavement Counsellor.
- Trained in Focusing. This is a body-based therapy which works with sensations and feelings in the body. Focusing can support people who feel uncomfortable in their body and long to be more at home in themselves.
- 16 years experience and expertise of working with diverse emotional, psychological and traumatic issues.
- I teach parenting skills and meditation.
- I run Speaking with Confidence groups in Cheltenham and Stroud. These help people to feel more at ease in any speaking situation including teaching, presentations, public speaking, interviews, wedding speeches and social situations. I also offer one-to-one sessions in this area.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Public speaking, social anxiety and help with interview techniques, giving presentations or making a speech.
I also teach meditation and offer one-to-one sessions as well as groups.
I am a trained parenting facilitator and offer individual sessions too.
I offer spiritual counselling.
I offer a free 30 minute initial meeting.
I charge £45.00 for an hour's session.
I offer concessionary rates for those on benefits or low waged.
I offer one-to-one sessions for gaining confidence and expertise in interviews.
I teach meditation and also offer one-to-one sessions.
I offer telephone counselling - this is a private and confidential service and I am available most
times of day.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available to see clients at most times including early morning, evenings until 9pm and some weekends.
Types of client