Sally Clark MBACP (Senior Accredited Counsellor)
01442 822 052 / 07799 586 333
If you are looking for individual or couples counselling in the Tring area, do give me a call. I work with a wide variety of issues and offer both short term and ongoing counselling according to need. I use the following models of counselling: CBT, Solution-focussed, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Relationship Counselling and Psychodynamic therapy.
- I have practised as a counsellor since 1996, and became accredited in 2001. In 2009, I was granted Senior Practitioner Status.
As well as working with adults and couples, I work with children and young people. I'm also available for Parenting Issues.
I am a Trauma Specialist.
As the result of critical incidents I have worked onsite for organisations as a trauma counsellor.
I supervise counsellors and medical staff and am involved in training.
My practce is in Tring, Hertfordshire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Initial counselling training was at Counselling Consultancy Oxford, accredited by Oxford Brookes University (1996).
- Trained with the Oxford Christian Institute for Counselling.
- Trained as a couples counsellor with Relate.
- Completed Trauma Training and Advanced Trauma Training with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute. - Critical Incident training at Bristol University. I am a Trauma Specialist.
My Diploma in Supervision was with Cascade.
Prior to my counselling career, I was a primary teacher and a teacher of the deaf.
- Available for training in trauma, mindfulness and counselling related subjects, and have experience of training medical staff, teachers, counsellors, trauma departments, EAPs, social workers. Please contact me to discuss terms and costs.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
When working with young children, I use play as well as conversation.
I have a particular interest in relationship counselling, parenting issues and in working with trauma (including PTSD) and abuse.
I also work with spiritual issues.
£50.00 per hour. Concessions available to those who qualify.
Available Mondays and Tuesdays in the daytime, and weekday evenings.
My work includes telephone counselling and Case Management for an EAP.
Previously, I worked as a counsellor in Primary Care, and for a University counselling service, a young peoples counselling agency, and an adult counselling agency. In the latter, I was responsible for assessments, training, and working with patients with mental illness and involved in psychiatric services.
I offer supervision for various organisations and privately.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Tuesdays and evening spaces from 6.30pm
Types of client
Supervision & training