Julia Bailey BA (Hons), Registered Mebmber MBACP (Accred), BAPCA, PCATAA
Isle Of Wight
Isle Of Wight
01983 614394 / 07908 668820
Warmth, respect and getleness is central to how I work; with 15 years and over 10,000 hours of previous experience and a degree in counselling to offer. I have been privileged to work with all ages and backgrounds over that time and offer a flexible service to suit most needs, as I know how daily life can get in the way of our own self-care. I try to make counselling accessible and affordable, so do my best to fit individual needs by offering a one-off first session to meet me and see how we might work together to resolve emotional distress and the problems that cause them.
Who I can see:
- I also have access working with other therapists and professionals.
- Deliver training.
- Provide Clinical Supervision for other professionals.
How I can work:
- by talking through feelings; relationships; situations.
- working with images or creating images to explore.
- through creative writing.
- recording thinking and learning how to change thoughts.
- Home location in Binstead.
- Alternative Office in Newport available.
- Home visits considered for those unable to travel.
- Work closely with a team of counsellors to provide altenative approaches.
- On-line (SKYPE; Facetime or e-mail).
- Telephone counselling.
- Appointments available at various times - flexible around changing availability
- Easy parking at Ryde and Newport location
- Easy bus access (main route from Newport to Ryde very close by)
- Other localities and home visits available.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Person Centred Counselling (Includes Supervision)
- Adv Diploma Person Centred Counselling
- Cert PC Art Therapy Skills
- Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- EMDR Level1
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Level 2
- Current DBS Checks.
Numerous additional training and areas of current research
15 years of experience
- Worked for NHS, GP's, Councils, charities and in schools.
- Taught counselling in Adult Education
- Deliver training
- Supervise other counsellors.
- Managed 2 counselling agencies
- Clients aged 5 to 82yrs,
- Experience with a wide variety of problems
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Survivors of Sexual Abuse
Children and Young People's Issues
Emotinal Impact of a diagnosed Mental Health Conditions
£30/35 for the first session; then negotiated ccording to needs and circumstances.
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Registered BACP
- Member of the Person-Centred Art Therapy Association
- Member of the British for the Person-Centred Approach
- Undertake the continuous professional training required by the BACP
- Undertake the regular required level of clinical supervision to ensure my safe and effective practice.
- Fully insured for £5millliion for any location.
- DBS Checked
- Child Protection training and Safeguarding procedures.
- Risk assessments for home visits.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments until 7.30pm. Weekend by special arrangement. Home visits possible.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Person Centred; Humanistic; Pluralistic Supervision for Counsellor post and pre-qualified.View supervision profile