Keith Abrahams Dip.HG.P
07834 655 171
As a human givens counsellor & therapist, I offer effective, fast & practical help, with depression, stress, anxiety, PTSD and all emotional upsets & distress. I don't use 'psychobabble', just the best current psychological knowledge. I can help you move on quickly, counselling & coaching you in techniques that you can apply to any life situations.
In addition to a Post Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapy, I also have qualifications in Counselling, Clinical Hypnotherapy and CBT Coaching, which my clients find adds even more value to effective therapy.
Because of my breadth of experience, I will choose the right and best solutions and approach for you. If you are unsure what kind of help, therapy or support you need, just ask. My width of training, experience and knowledge of effective therapies and therapists means I can and will give you clear guidance, even possibly direction.
Counselling or Psychotherapy?
In order to choose the right approach for us to adopt for you it is useful to consider and define that:
- Counselling tends to be of a longer term nature whereby you are listened to as you begin to make sense of what it is you are experiencing. This tends to lend itself to bereavement, relationship counselling and some addictions. Sometimes Depth Counselling is needed too (see below).
- Psychotherapy tends towards brief solutions therapy, like Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and the Human Givens approach, which are useful to getting calm and addressing issues.
This might include help through depression; help with stress, anxiety and anger and particular in my speciality of trauma (PTSD).
PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder can affect people for many different reasons in many different ways. It may arise from a the classical traumatic event, such as a car crash, an explosion or death of a loved one, but it can also happen to any of us who struggle with any form or series of events that impact upon us. This can lead to the regular and sometimes inexplicable panic attacks. I can help resolve that quickly.
As an experienced healer I can hold space for you as you come to terms with and make sense of Bereavement Counselling or explore and come to terms with death. Through Anger management, Depression, Anxiety Counselling & Stress Counselling or feeling stuck. I will support and advise you, helping you build your skills and resources, to solve your problems, time after time.
Sometimes it is as simple as overcoming Lack of Sleep or Poor Sleep. Or it may be the support needed to beat that Addiction Management. My breadth of experience normally leaves my clients saying "Keith just gets me!"
Couples, relationship and pre-nuptial Counselling
Many of my clients are currently coming to me for help and support with their debt or business difficulties/challenges, which often leads to relationship stress and break. Couple Counselling is important and I find that my clients value my wise heads, sage advice and simple understanding.
I know what it is to be male in this society and I respect and value the importance of the female. Couples approach me for empathetic and practical support, exploring sensible ways to understand each other and move their relationship forward. This can include overcoming a sense of betrayal or even mistrust, which may lead to handling separation and divorce.
Sometimes busy times take over. My experience enables me to also support you and your family issues, including children, as I have worked in schools and delivered parenting classes. This is part of the Life Ways Program, which helps you and yours plan your future and move through what used to be known as ‘Rites of Passage’, this are critical stages in our life which may include leaving home, starting a new career, planning marriage, having a family up to retirement and possibly facing death.
Business as usual
My psychological and business experience is ideal for helping you resolve such issues and bring you back to that place of ‘normal’. Sometimes the stressed, parent, partner, employee, manager, executive or owner manger just needs an effective advocate in their corner. This is distinguished from workplace counselling, which organisations often engage us to undertake on behalf of their clients.
As a former CEO and Executive Coach, many of my personal clients also use to help them to meet general Business & Work Related issues and Career Management.
Most clients find the counselling and brief therapeutic techniques are more than sufficient to help them move on, especially knowing that I will continue to be there (in their corner) should they need support. Sometimes deeper counselling may be requested, perhaps to deal with deep rooted issues, like abuse or to explore their spiritual side.
Overcoming and surviving abuse
Very often clients will find they need healing and counselling for their past, direction that feeds their spirit and coaching in how to achieve that positively
From the healer place of deep compassion and courage, I have successfully supported and aided those suffering from all kinds of physical, emotional and mental Abuse to make sense of it and lead even more full and enjoyable lives.
It takes courage and strength to ask for help. I will meet you there and encourage, support and suitably advise you through it.
I effectively counsel and support my clients through Herts, Essex, Beds, Bucks, Cambridge and North London, covering Harlow, Hitchin, Welwyn Garden, Letchworth, Hatfield, Hertford, St Albans, Baldock, Bedford, Milton Keynes and beyond.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in CBT Coaching
Post Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapy
Certificate in Counselling
Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Organisations often engage me as part of their Health & Safety obligation, to work with their staff who may be facing emotional challenges or have suffered a traumatic event.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
- Ongoing - Anger Management - Resolve your Conflicts - Reclaim your Life - Quickly
- Ongoing - Stress Management - Resolve your Conflicts - Reclaim your Life - Quickly
Many clients find that the simple cognitive and hypnotheraputic techniques I coach and teach help them move on within Two to five sessions. Three is the norm.
It is not unusal for such clients to keep in informal contact, mantain a relationship with me and attend for coaching on an adhoc basis as and when a need arises.
Others choose to explore in more depth and draw down on my wider range of skills, and will attend for a number of ongoing sessions, agreed between us. Some choose to study and develop alongside me.
The frequency of sessions is therefore subject to the needs of the individual.
- There is a difference between stress and anxiety. Can you use it?
- Resilient relationships – starting to master the art of interaction
- The new 'ERA' approach
- Resilience counselling - A straight forward process
- What to do when you get stuck?
- Motivational interviewing
- Acting through Acceptance and Commitiment
- Getting rational, properly emotional and thinking and behaving healthily
- Anxiety – sometimes existing feels so tough!
- Old Dogs, New Tricks?
- Supporting Students to Study Successfully
- Anger gets a bad press - A response
- Human Givens - Emotionally Intelligent Counselling
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Lifting Low Self Esteem
- Addictions – The Human Givens approach explains why we get addicted
- The World Turned Upside Down
- Building Effective Client Responses
- Resolving Phobias
- Beating Addiction -The Human Givens way
- Strategic Counselling
- Effective Stress Management Counselling
- What are the Human Givens?
- Healing the male psyche - therapy as a rite of passage
- Stressed Employers & Managers?
- Talking Therapies as Effective Return to Work Strategies
- Improving Physical and Emotional Wellbeing
I have practiced as a healer for over 15 years, complementing my pragmatic approach to all our work and life as a Therapist, Coach and Teacher. I place Client empowerment and opportunity at the centre of my work.
In addition to providing the latest pyschological techniques to build on our breadth of Counselling & Therapy experience and qualifications, I serve in the local community to ensure I understand the needs of our clients fully.
I am a father of five and a grandfather to two, I enjoy playfully nurturing, especially the sacred clown in us all, as useful antidote relief to the seriousness that healing often has to address. I have trained in both Person Centred & Psychodynamic Counselling, both of which were powerful precursors to our qualifications as a Human Givens therapist www.hgi.org.uk.
I have also worked extensively in the business worlds as finance director, a CEO, and consultants gaining various professional qualifications including an MBA, HG Dip.P and FCCA. I continue to devote time and energy to helping others through charitable work, which has included with the suicidal, supporting addicts, alongside the homeless, guiding prisoners and with challenged learners in schools.
As well as teaching and running workshops, I have an eclectic approach to spirituality which enables me to explore as wide or as simply as the client needs.
It is with this background that I am able to address a very wide range of issues with an equal variety of approaches ranging from acting as a life coach, therapist through to sacred dreaming. I am pragmatic in my approach, an individual approach that puts nurturing and gentle humour at the centre of the process.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible to clients needs
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|