Teresa Mulvena, CBT Cert, MA Counselling, MBACP (senior accredited)
97 Blenheim Gardens
07967 978 398
I have 14 years experience as a counsellor and psychotherapist, seeing individuals & couples.
I specialise in relationship difficulties, anxiety, depression,bereavement, stress, and feeling stuck in repetitive and unhelpful patterns in relationships, or a sense that life is not taking the direction you planned.
Two brains are better than one. I believe the role of a therapist is to think with you about your present problems and how to deal with them. This is difficult to do on your own because when you are in the middle of difficulties you cannot see things yourself so clearly. The counselling I offer provides a safe place to explore your thoughts and feelings in order to understand and make sense of yourself and to be able to change.
Everyone at some stage of their lives is likely to experience emotional difficulties and need support, whether it be the stresses of a busy life, relationship difficulties, anxiety and depression, bereavement, or a sense that life is not taking the direction you planned.
If you would like to explore the possibility of embarking upon counselling we can meet for an initial consultation to explore what is troubling you and think together about the best way forward. There is a fee for this, but no obligation to continue.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in CBT, Post Graduate Diploma and MA in counselling (WPF),psychodynamic psychotherapy (WPF) BACP senior accredited. Accredited Mediator.
I have professional membership of the British Association for Psychotherapy and Counselling (BACP). The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling is a professional body with a strict code of ethics and a complaints procedure. This ensures the highest standard of professional practice.
I also have a qualification in supervision skills (BAP), and am an accredited workplace mediator (OCN).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£60, some concessions available for low income
- Would you know if you have stress or burnout ?
- ‘Silent divorce’ – when you are together still, but you have drifted apart
- Ways To Decrease Stress And Anxiety
- How being negative can be a postive thing
- Tips for surviving Christmas: Is it true that most people have a miserable time?
- Therapy: A Partnership Where Two Brains Are Better Than One
- How to Improve Your Relationship
- Relationships: When to fight for it and when to call it a day
- Conflict - none of us like it, but it's part of life.
- Can therapy help me to change?
- Can't Sleep? Understand why, and tips to improve it
- Dealing with Depression
- What Keeps a Relationship Together?
- Tackling Low Self Worth
- Relationships: Why are they so difficult?
- Coping with Loss and Grief
- Making Sense Of Loss and Grief
- Low Self Confidence
- Getting stressed in relationships: Why do we over-react to small things?
- Depression - Self Help Tips
- Immunise Yourself from Stress
- What is the perfect relationship? Is it possible?
- How to get a sense of meaning and purpose.
- Getting Relationships to Work
- Relationships: can't live with them, can't live without them
- Burnout: When you are stressed out
- Balancing Work and Life
- Set Yourself Up to Succeed not Fail in the New Year
- Mental Health: Looking after yourself
- Can Talking Make a Real Difference?
- Relationship Therapy: Should you go together or individually?
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early morning, daytime, and evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training