Zeljka Whittaker BSc (Hons); PG Dip(CBT); Registered Member MBACP
An experienced practitioner, I work with the whole range of issues (depression, anxiety, trauma, abuse, loss & bereavement, confidence & self-esteem) but specialise in relationship issues & couples counselling, as well as consequences of traumatic events and painful experiences.
I am passionate about using my knowledge and experience to help people deal with complex situations and difficult feelings in a way that fits most comfortably within their own unique set of circumstances. In other words, I aim to fit the interventions around individual clients and their own values, priorities and needs by using a variety of models and techniques that have been established as the most effective for relieving emotional distress, relationship issues and behavioural difficulties.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP and have recently retired from the NHS where I worked as a Psychotherapist in Primary Care.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Psychology & Sociology Combined - (University of Glamorgan)
Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) (University of Wales, Newport)
- Working Therapeutically with Couples (MindFields College, Bristol)
- Counselling for Trauma Caused by Rape and Sexual Abuse (New Pathways)
- Bereavement Counselling (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- MI in Alcohol Abuse (Gwent Council on Alcohol and Drug Misuse)
- Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders (National Centre for Eating Disorders)
- CBT-E for Eating Disorders (Prof C Fairburn - University of Oxford)
- Motivational Work with Eating Disorders (STEPs, Bristol)
- Introduction to Transactional Analysis - TA 101 (ITA, Cambridge)
- Introduction to Cognitive Analytical Therapy (Cwm Taf Health Board)
- Introduction to Acceptance Therapy and Mindfulness (Cwm Taf Health Board)
Before returning to the NHS as a therapist, I spent a number of years working for an agency dedicated to helping both victims and survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Individuals: From £35 per hour
Couples: From £45 per hour
- Discounts for pre-paid block bookings; Additional fee for evenings, weekends and home visits
Please send me an email, text me or call 07534080019 for further information and details. If I am unable to take your call, please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I can.
Please note that I am unable to offer on-line counselling.
All work is conducted in strictest confidence and in accordance with the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available throughout the week - please contact me for current availability.
Types of client