Chris Rudyard Mbacp | Counselling | Psychotherapy | Supervision | EMI
Quick easy access to effective, private counselling & psychotherapy in Liverpool.
Get in touch 7 days a week on 7.00am - 9.00pm on 07757437599
Morning, afternoon and evening sessions
Go to my website here: Counselling for Liverpool
About my work
At this stage you might just want to talk in confidence/private to a professional who will listen to you, it's fine get in touch.
I like to get along with my clients, understand them, and work with whatever is going on.
As a independent, private professional I ensure:
- You will not have to wait weeks or months to see me
- You will not undergo any tedious assessments
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You decide how many sessions you have
- You will not be patronised, or bombarded
- You are not rushed through a system
- You are listened to, heard, and valued
I like to work with people as people on the things they want. Examples of matters I work with people on, are:
All abuse types (current or historical) | anger | anxiety | bereavement & loss | childhood experiences | difficult memories | phobias | family & relationships | trauma & Post Traumatic Stress (Disorder)
Trauma - is an event which you found highly distressing, only you can say what is traumatic.
Unresolved concerns - anything that is still left over, thoughts or feelings about something in the past.
I like to see people I work with gain acceptance, confidence, control, direction, meaning, progression, ways of coping, self-awareness, & understanding.
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel physically, symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to a form of anxiety, depression or worry.
Examples are: dizziness/labyrinthitis/vertigo, feeling on edge, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches/migraines, panic attacks, pains, shaking, skin rashes, sleeping problems, sweating, tiredness/exhaustion, tight chest etc.
I also enjoy to help people to work out, and even change their behaviour if they want (behaviour could be anything you 'do' or 'don't' do). I also help people to understand others' (usually partners, employers or family).
My approach to therapy is about being human first, therapist second, without the use of any unnecessary jargon etc. As well as my love of therapy and the work, I love to work with with people, I enjoy many things including film, guitar, music, travel and some photography.
When you contact me, we can just arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues, we can start in our first meeting.
Come and see me, I'll be glad to meet, whatever is going on!
Training, qualifications & experience
I have helped many people Inc:
artists, business persons, children, counsellors & therapists, engineers, GPs, lawyers, lecturers, medical professionals, office workers, parents/carers, sports persons, social workers, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, and young people.
- I see men & woman
- Most of my clients are in their 20's - 50's
I really value my experience, providing services for many organisations has exposed me to many different client groups, and individuals. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally.
My work and practice has been BACP audited and has passed this process.
I have provided services for organisations for over 15 years, outlined below:
- The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston - Therapist/counsellor - adults & young people - mainly anxiety, depression, mood & relationship problems. Short to longer-term work.
- Adults counsellor - funded by NHS/CCG - short to long-term work
- Axa - Counsellor for anxiety & depression
- Aviva - Generic counselling
- Bupa - receiving referrals for anxiety & depression counselling
- Cigna - Counselling for anxiety & depression
- Schools counsellor (Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - Over 30 schools providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
- Counselling - Wigan Family Welfare - A great deal of my work here encompasses abuse, anger, family & relationships, and traumatic experiences
- Employee assistance programmes (counselling employees of some of the largest employers) - Nationwide - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6 weeks)
- Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
- Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist support for young people. funded by NHS/CCG
- Online Counsellor - Resile Ltd
- Relate - The Relationship People - North & South Manchester - counsellor
- Face to Face Charity - Adultscounsellor for those on low/no income
- Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement & life threatening illness - NHS
- Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor - long term counselling
- Mental health advice/support help lines - Supporting people in crisis and offering guidance to professionals/carers
- OH Assist - short-term generic counselling
- On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called.themix.org.
- GP's surgeries - counselling & mental health assessments across Manchester
- Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
- Residential/assessment units, leaving care units - Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
- Simply Health - General counselling
- Substance misuse counsellor - funded by Liverpool NHS/CCG
- Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting those in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
- The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis - voluntary
- Validium - General counselling
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work.
There are many online qualifications - All of my training has been gained face to face through well respected trainers & training establishments.
I believe qualifications are important, but what is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Certificate in Supervision - British Psychological Society (BPS) approved certificate in Essential Supervision.
- Post Graduate Certificate Level 7 - 'Critical engagement - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Person Centred approach, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Certificate in Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 1 - a specialised neuro-therapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory)
- Certificate in Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 2 - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma
- Certificate in counselling skills Level 3 - South Trafford
- Certificate in counselling concepts Level 2 - South Trafford
- Certificate of proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I attend at least 30 hours CPD on going training every year:
- Applied suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Livingworks
- Bereavement & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- Group work - NHS
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Person centred couples counselling
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian certificate (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I am interested in human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them.
- I am also trained in Neurotherapy to help trauma & PTSD symptoms. Neurotherapy is scientifically based, and researched to prove beneficial, it is also fast acting!
- I love to help people and their anxiety, and enjoy helping to work it out - Anxiety often presents itself as physical problems, behaviour or thoughts. If you are unsure what anxiety is just think 'worry' or feeling 'nervous/on edge', 'checking' or 'avoiding' behaviours
- You may have been involved in an unsettling event/s that seem to still affect you now. In this case we can do Eye Movement Integration/EMI therapy to help you with this. I thoroughly recommend this if you have not tried it before, or you feel like you have tried everything else. I have used EMI successfully with many people who felt stuck and just couldn't move on. I have also had this treatment myself, and it really does help like nothing else!
Photos & videos
- £40.00 - 50 minute counselling session. My rates are competitive and you get to see someone with healthy amount of experience.
I have kept my fee the same for the past 3 years.
Telephone counselling, face to face, and online video counselling.
I maybe able to offer telephone and online counselling sessions outside my normal practice hours.
- Employee Assistance Programme for businesses - packages available. Call me for a chat about how I can meet your business and employees needs. Local businesses & projects have used this package. i.e after armed robberies, attacks, and to generally aid well-being. The better functioning your staff; the better functioning your business.
Please do not book an appointment if you are unsure if you will attend.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm (You can also leave a message 24hrs a day)
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions
- Monday - Saturday
- This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential
- If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 82 bus route
- Residential area with shops and cafes nearby
- Free roadside parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Monday to Thursday: 4.30pm - 8.00pm *Fridays 9.00am - 8.00pm *Sat: 8.00am-11.00am. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already paid to book.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for counsellors and other professionals too.View supervision profile