Chris Rudyard | Counsellor | Psychotherapist | Supervisor | EMI | BSP
I like to help people get the support they want. I can offer you a safe space to work and help you get through what is blocking you, so you can get back on track, and where you want to be.
I have 15 years experience helping 1000's people through counselling, and well known support services.
Go straight to my website by clicking here now
- Your wellbeing is paramount
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You will not undergo tedious assessments or questionnaires
- You get a high quality, streamlined, reliable service
- You decide how many sessions you have
- I make a commitment with you
- I return all messages
- You get the kind of therapy that will most benefit you
What can you use counselling for?
I work with many concerns. Most people recommend me or come to see me because of:
anxiety - behaviours - childhood experiences - difficult memories - drug/alcohol use - isolation & loneliness - meaning & personal development - family & relationships - trauma & PTSD
How can counselling help?
People I've seen have managed to let go of:
alcohol use - anger and resentment - anxiety - drugs - emotions and thought patterns that hindered them - long standing issues - upsetting memories - old unhelpful behaviours and habits.
What can you benefit from counselling & psychotherapy
People I've worked with have gained:
answers - clarity - confidence - control - direction - a healthier way of being - meaning - progression - resilience - restful sleep - self-awareness - strengths & understanding.
Not sure what the problem is?
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel, and leave without treatment.
This is because physical symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to being run down due to: anger, anxiety, depression, stress or worry. Exapmles of symptoms you may be having are:
dizziness/Labyrinthitis/vertigo, feeling on edge, IBS/irritable bowel syndrome, chest or stomach pains, headaches/migraines, panic attacks, sexual difficulties, shaking, skin rashes, sleeping problems, stammers, sweating, tiredness/exhaustion, tight chest etc.
Where do I start, how do I know what to talk about?
Start by contacting me, arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues over the phone.
In the first session we'll start to work out together what's going on, and where to start.
Why should you see me?
My approach to therapy is a fluid one, I am human first, and I'll develop a way to work with you as an individual. My work is heavily influenced by famous therapists Dr. Carl Rogers and Dr. R.D Laing.
I'm pretty easy going, genuine, open minded, and I have a warm, accepting attitude.
I usually work by having a therapeutic conversations, but I have different ways of working if talking isn't your thing.
I am trained in a number of therapies inc. CBT, however I find the most beneficial therapies that I have used are Person Centred, EMI, and BSP. I also have an understanding of Neuroscience (The brain and nervous system) and how this affects recovery. More important than all these theories is that I understand you.
I really value the relationship between the therapist and client, and maintain professional boundaries.
Working with me ensures tight confidentiality, without the NHS or 3rd parties, knowing all about your personal details.
I have now been working with people in supportive roles for over 15 years. I consider myself down to earth, flexible and confident in my work. As well as therapy and the work I do, I enjoy many things including art, exercise, film, guitar, music and travel.
Just phone or email now and ask to come and see me, I'll be glad to hear from you, whatever is going on!
Training, qualifications & experience
Many types of professionals & people come to see me inc:
actors, artists, business persons, counsellors & therapists, engineers, GPs, lawyers, lecturers, musicians, office workers, parents/carers, religious persons, scientists, sports persons, social workers, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, and young people.
- I see men & woman
- Most of my clients are professionals in their 20's - 50's
I have invaluable experience gained from well-known services, working with many different people from many walks of life. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally, making me a flexible, robust and truly experienced practitioner.
My work and practice has been audited by the BACP and has passed this process. This means I have met certain criteria required to evidence I am ethical in my professional responsibilities as counsellor & psychotherapist.
I have also helped organisations gain their BACP Accredited status.
I have worked in a paid capacity for services & organisations that provide psychological interventions and support, for over 15 years, as outlined below:
The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston - CQC regulated therapy service. Therapist/counsellor/assessor - adults & young people - mainly anxiety, mood, relationships, trauma. Short to longer-term work. Working within NICE guidelines
Adults counsellor - funded by NHS/CCG helping adults with diagnosis and dual diagnosis - short to long-term work
Schools counsellor (Merseyside, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - Setting up counselling services within schools. Working in over 30 schools providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
Counselling - Third sector BACP Accredited counselling service - A great deal of my work here encompasses long term work for abuse, anger/anger management, family & relationships, and traumatic experiences.
Counselling for Liverpool © - business owner 10 years - working with people on a private basis.
Employee assistance programmes counselling employees from some of Liverpool's largest employers - Also nationwide - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6-8 weeks)
Insurance companies - I provide counselling for several large insurance companies
Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist mental health support & counselling for 11-25 year olds. Funded by NHS/CCG
Online Counsellor & Psychotherapist - Resile Ltd.
Relate - The Relationship People - North & South Manchester - counsellor & psychotherapist
Face to Face Charity - Adults counsellor for those with low/no income - voluntary
Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement & life threatening illness - NHS & Macmillan centre
Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor - long term counselling
Mental health advice/support help lines - Supporting people in crisis, and offering guidance to professionals & carers
On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called: themix.org
GP's surgeries & NHS clinics - counselling & mental health assessments across Manchester
Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Asperges/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
Residential/assessment units, leaving care units for those with dual diagnoses, and undiagnosed mental illness. Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
Substance misuse counsellor - NHS/CCG working within NICE guidelines.
Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting those in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis by telephone and in person - Manchester - voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling under the BACP regulating body. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work.
I am fully registered and insured, I am also insured in NLP professional coaching.
All of my training has been gained through face to face training with well respected trainers & training establishments that have been known in therapy field for their radical training for counsellors/psychotherapists.
I believe qualifications are important, what I believe is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Cert in Counselling Supervision - British Psychological Society approved
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Person Centred approach, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Postgraduate Level 7 - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Cert BSP - Phase 1 - British Psychological Society approved. A deep therapy that requires little talking. It is a way of healing quickly, and processing difficulties including anxiety.
- Cert BSP - Phase 2 - British Psychological Society approved. Advanced & enhanced ways of working with BSP. Flexible approach and enhanced skills to work with complex trauma. Research BSP in comparison to EMDR.
- Cert EMI Level 1 - a specialised neuro-therapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory & experience).
- Cert EMI Level 2 + Supervision - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma.
- Cert Counselling skills Level 3 - South Trafford
- Cert Counselling concepts Level 2 - South Trafford
- Cert of Proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I attend at least 30 hours Certified CPD on going training every year.
- Applied suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Livingworks
- Bereavement & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding
- Conflict resolution
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- Group work - NHS
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Health & safety -QCF
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian certificate (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
Enhanced DBS/CRB updated every 2 years.
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Much of my work encompasses human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them
- I am also trained an Neuro-therapies & Somatic therapies (brain/body based therapies) that have been used to help regulate and process trauma & PTSD symptoms. EMI is scientifically based, and researched to prove beneficial with traumatic incidents, and can go much deeper than talking therapy. Can also be used for addictions, and stress related sex issues.
- Specialist quick treatment for traumatic events no matter how long ago they were, Inc. Abuse, bullying, crimes inc. knife & gun crimes, road traffic incidents, sexual abuse & rape, and witnessing of traumatic incidents (secondary trauma)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
Private adult counselling sessions
- £50.00 - Private paying individual clients only - 50 minute session in Aigburth or city centre Liverpool, Merseyside. Longer sessions can be arranged.
- £60.00 - 1 hour relationship counselling - payment in advance required - city centre - near 'Liverpool One' shopping district.
My fees are excellent value in regards to my experience, qualifications and training.
I accept the following payments: Cash, Visa, Visa Debit & Mastercard
I do not offer any free or introductory sessions, this is because this would not be therapy/counselling, it would be unrealistic to base how therapy would be on this experience.
I want you to get where you want to be quickly and efficiently, so we start therapy as soon as possible, we do not need to waste time with interviews, unnecessary assessments, or form filling - we go straight to treatment.
- Employee Assistance Programme for businesses - packages available. Call me for a chat about how I can meet your business and employees needs. Local businesses & projects have used this package. i.e after armed robberies, accidents, traumas and to generally aid well-being, and alleviate stress. The better functioning your staff; the better functioning your business.
- Supervision sessions are £60.00 per 1.5 hours per month. I currently have no capacity to take on any supervisees.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm - leave a message if I don't answer - I can be in meetings most of the day. This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential. If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions
- Monday - Saturday
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 173, 60 & 82 bus route
- Residential area close to Lark Lane - cafes, restaurants & shops nearby
- Free roadside parking directly outside
- My Aigburth office is in a dedicated therapy room in my own home.
- City centre offices are in small private rooms based in professional buildings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Monday to Thursday: 4.30pm-8.00pm *Fridays 9.00am-8.00pm *Sat: 8.00am-1.00pm. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already booked.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have no capacity left take supervisees at present.View supervision profile