Chris Rudyard Mbacp
Call 07757437599 -7.00am-930pm - or you can leave a message 24 hours a day.
Thanks for taking the time to read my profile.
You just want to talk to someone in confidence/private.
What I help with:
Primarily I help people with what they want from therapy.
Mostly people come to see me and look at their relationships (family, personal or professional).
I also enjoy helping people to work out their own, or others behaviour (behaviour could be anything you 'do' or 'don't' do).
Your experience of relationships can be the cause of many things, including: abuse (current or historical), anger, anxiety, bereavement/loss, memories, stress, trauma, or unresolved childhood experiences.
I love seeing people I work with gain acceptance, confidence, control, direction, meaning, progression, to feel they are coping, self-awareness, & understanding.
How I work:
I am flexible in my counselling approach, so that you get a personalised blend of therapy to help you.
When you contact me, we can just arrange a time to meet, we will not need to go into personal issues, we can start in the first meeting.
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You will be offered an appointment this week or next week
- You will not undergo numerous assessments
- I have a solid, rounded experience, and have provided services for many different organisations.
- It is up to you how many sessions you have
My experience as a client & therapist
When training as a therapist a requirement is that you have personal therapy of your own. I have also use and do use therapy personally to increase my self-awareness and to functioning as best I can in the world.
I have seen therapists I thought were terrible, and also ones I thought were really good. I have seen really good Person Centred, Psychodynamic, CBT, Gestalt, and Integrative therapists. All were really helpful in their own ways. I'm sure I have seen one charlatan too before I trained as a therapist...they weren't helpful at all.
I use all my experience as client in my approach to therapy, providing what I believe to be a helpful and useful way of working. I have also learned what not to do..
Go to my website for more information Counselling in Liverpool
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over 6000 hours providing counselling, I have had my own private practice for 10 years, and have worked for many services for 14 years, outlined below:
- The Priory Therapy Centre & Hospital - Therapist/counsellor - adults & young people - mainly anxiety, depression, mood & relationship problems short to longer-term work
- Adults counsellor - funded by NHS/CCG - short to long-term work
- Bupa - referrals for anxiety & depression
- Schools counsellor (Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - Inc. pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
- Counselling for anger related concerns - Wigan Family Welfare
- Employee assistance programme (counselling employees nationwide) - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6 weeks)
- Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
- Substance misuse counsellor - funded by Liverpool NHS/CCG
- Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity -
- Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - specialist support for young people (11-25 year olds). funded by NHS/CCG
- Online Counsellor - Resile Ltd.
- Relate - North & South Manchester - counsellor
- Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor- Hospitals, Macmilan Centre, GP clinics bereavement & life threatening illness
- Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor
- Mental health advice/support help lines - Supporting people in crisis and those that are supporting
- On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org
- GP's surgeries - counselling & mental health assessments.
- Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including Autism & Asperger's.
- Residential/assessment units, leaving care units - Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
- The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling. I am trained in several approaches to therapy.
- Certificate in Supervision - British Psychological Society (BPS) approved certificate in essential supervision
- Post Graduate Certificate in 'Critical engagement - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield
- Diploma Lv4 in Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Person Centred approach, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 1- a specialised neuro-therapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory)
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 2
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Counselling skills LvII (now level III)
- Counselling concepts LvI (now level II)
Certificates/Continuing Professional Development/Training
I commit to at least 30 hours CPD on going training every year:
- Applied suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Livingworks
- Bereavement & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support training - Beechwood cancer care
- Group work - NHS
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Person centred sand tray work - PCCS training partnership - Manchester
- Person centred couples counselling
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian certificate (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I have special interest in human relationships and the difficulties that can arise through being in them.
- I am also trained in Specialist trauma & PTSD treatment
- I find anxiety very interesting and enjoy to help people work this out - Anxiety often presents itself as physical problems, behaviour or thoughts. If you are unsure what anxiety is just think 'worry' or feeling 'nervous', 'checking' or 'avoiding' behaviours.
Photos & videos
- Your first appointment is £20.00 - 50 minutes
- Sessions are £40.00 thereafter - 50 minutes
- Employee Assistance Programme for businesses - £200 x 5 sessions, other packages available. Call me for a chat about how I can meet your business and employees needs. Local businesses & projects have used this package. ie after armed robberies, and to aid staffs well-being.
- Eye Movement Integration sessions are for 1.5 - 2 Hours and are £60.00 & £80.00 respectively. As far as I am aware I am the only EMI LvI & Lv2 trained therapist in the North-West. This technique can be really helpful for distressing memories.
Please only book an appointment if you will commit to attending
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for)
- Call me on: 07757437599 -7.00am - 9.00pm (You can also leave a message 24hrs a day)
- This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential.
- If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Mon - Thurs: 4.30pm-8.00pm *Fri 9.30am-7.30pm *Saturdays: 8.00am-11.00am. All sessions are subject to availability, and what others have paid to book.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision not only for counsellors but other types of professionals too.View supervision profile