Chris Rudyard Mbacp | Counselling | Psychotherapy | Supervision | EMI
Quick easy access to effective, private counselling & psychotherapy in Liverpool.
Get in touch 7 days a week on 7.00am - 9.00pm on 07757437599
I will return all calls as quickly as possible - the same day
Morning, afternoon and evening sessions
Go to my website here: Counselling for Liverpool
About my work
At this stage you might just want to talk in confidence/private to a professional who will listen to you, that's fine, get in touch.
As a independent, private professional I ensure:
- You will not have to wait weeks or months to see me
- You will not undergo any tedious assessments
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You decide how many sessions you have
- You are listened to, heard, and valued
I like to work with people as people, and form healthy, refreshing relationships. Examples of matters I regularly work with people on are:
All abuse types (current or historical) | anger | anxiety | bereavement & loss | childhood experiences | difficult memories | dissociation | identity | family & relationships | personality | trauma | Post Traumatic Stress (Disorder)
Trauma - is an event which you found highly distressing, only you can say what is traumatic.
Unresolved concerns - anything that is still left over from the past, thoughts, feelings, and old unhelpful behaviours
I like to see people I work with adjust and gain - confidence, control, direction, meaning, progression, ways of coping, self-awareness, & understanding.
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel physically, symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained', but symptoms can be due to a form of anxiety, depression or worry.
Examples are: dizziness/labyrinthitis/vertigo, feeling on edge, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches/migraines, panic attacks, pains, shaking, skin rashes, sleeping problems, sweating, tiredness/exhaustion, tight chest etc.
I also enjoy to help people to work out, and even change their behaviour if they want (behaviour could be anything you 'do' or 'don't' do). I also help people to understand others' (usually partners, employers or family).
My approach to therapy is about being human first. I don't need to pretend to be something I am not, I know what helps in therapy and what does not.
As well as my love of therapy and the work I do, I enjoy many things including cooking, film, guitar, music, travel and some photography.
When you contact me, we can just arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues over the phone, we can start when you're ready.
Come and see me, I'll be glad to meet you, whatever is going on.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have helped many people Inc:
artists, business persons, counsellors & therapists, engineers, GPs, labourers, lawyers, lecturers, medical professionals, office workers, parents/carers, sports persons, social workers, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, and young people.
- I see men & woman
- Most of my clients are in their 20's - 50's
I really value my experience. Providing services, and being employed for many organisations has exposed me to many different client groups, and individuals. This has expanded my knowledge, and stretched me personally and professionally.
My work and practice has been audited by the BACP and has passed this process.
I have provided services for organisations for over 15 years, outlined below:
- The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital Preston - Therapist/counsellor - adults & young people - mainly anxiety, depression, mood & relationship problems. Short to longer-term work.
- Adults counsellor - funded by NHS/CCG - short to long-term work
- Axa - Counsellor for anxiety & depression
- Aviva - Generic counselling
- Bupa - receiving referrals for anxiety & depression counselling
- Cigna - Counselling for anxiety & depression
- Schools counsellor (Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - Over 30 schools providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
- Counselling - Wigan Family Welfare - A great deal of my work here encompasses abuse, anger, family & relationships, and traumatic experiences
- Counselling for Liverpool - business owner - working with individual clients & couples on a private basis.
- Employee assistance programmes (counselling employees of some of the largest employers) - Nationwide - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6 weeks)
- Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
- Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist support for young people 11- 25. funded by NHS/CCG
- Online Counsellor - Resile Ltd
- Relate - The Relationship People - North & South Manchester - counsellor
- Face to Face Charity - Adults counsellor for those with income
- Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor - Hospitals, medical centres, GP clinics - bereavement & life threatening illness - NHS
- Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor - long term counselling
- Mental health advice/support help lines - Supporting people in crisis and offering guidance to professionals/carers
- OH Assist - short-term generic counselling
- On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org, now called.themix.org.
- GP's surgeries - counselling & mental health assessments across Manchester
- Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- severe Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Autism. Inc The David Lewis Centre.
- Residential/assessment units, leaving care units - Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
- Simply Health - General counselling
- Substance misuse counsellor - funded by Liverpool NHS/CCG
- Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidance to professionals & carers. Supporting those in crisis and experiencing suicidal ideation
- The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with people in crisis - voluntary
- Validium - General counselling
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work.
There are many online qualifications - All of my training has been gained through face to face training with well respected trainers & training establishments.
I believe qualifications are important, but what is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you as a person.
- Certificate in Supervision - British Psychological Society (BPS) approved certificate in Essential Supervision.
- Post Graduate Certificate Level 7 - 'Critical engagement - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield. This training also included 3rd Wave CBT techniques such as mindfulness, and exposure techniques.
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Person Centred approach, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester.
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Certificate in Eye Movement Integration Therapy + Supervision Level 1 - a specialised neuro-therapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory)
- Certificate in Eye Movement Integration Therapy + Supervision Level 2 - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobias and deeper rooted trauma
- Certificate in counselling skills Level 3 - South Trafford
- Certificate in counselling concepts Level 2 - South Trafford
- Certificate of proficiency – the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I attend at least 30 hours CPD on going training every year:
- Applied suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Livingworks
- Bereavement & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Couples & relationship counselling
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support - Beechwood cancer care
- Group work - NHS
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian certificate (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I am interested in human relationships and the difficulties that arise through being in, or out of them.
- I am also trained an Neurotherapy to help trauma & PTSD symptoms. Neurotherapy/EMI is scientifically based, and researched to prove beneficial, it is also fast acting!
- I love to help people and their anxiety, and enjoy helping to work it out - Anxiety often presents itself as physical problems, behaviour or thoughts. If you are unsure what anxiety is just think 'worry' or feeling 'nervous/on edge', 'checking' or 'avoiding' behaviours
- You may have been involved in an unsettling event/s that seem to still affect you now. In this case we can do Eye Movement Integration/EMI therapy to help you with this. I thoroughly recommend this if you have not tried it before, or you feel like you have tried everything else. I have used EMI successfully with many people who felt stuck and just couldn't move on. I have also had this treatment myself, and it really does help like nothing else!
Photos & videos
- £40.00 - 50 minute counselling session (Aigburth) Mon - Sat
- £50.00 - 50 minute counselling session (city centre) School Lane - close to Church St.
- £60.00 - 1 hour - couples/relationship counselling (city centre only)
Telephone counselling, face to face, and online video counselling.
I maybe able to offer telephone and online/Skype counselling sessions outside my normal practice hours.
- Employee Assistance Programme for businesses - packages available. Call me for a chat about how I can meet your business and employees needs. Local businesses & projects have used this package. i.e after armed robberies, attacks, and to generally aid well-being. The better functioning your staff; the better functioning your business.
Please do not book an appointment if you are unsure if you will attend.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm (You can also leave a message 24hrs a day)
- This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential
- If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Morning, afternoon, and evening sessions
- Monday - Saturday
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's station), 82 bus route
- Residential area with cafes, restaurants & shops nearby
- Free roadside parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Monday to Thursday: 4.30pm - 7.30pm *Fridays 9.00am - 7.30pm *Sat: 9.00am-12.00pm. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already paid to book.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for counsellors and other professionals too.View supervision profile