Chris Rudyard Mbacp | Counselling | Psychotherapy | Supervision | EMI
Quick easy access to effective, private counselling in Liverpool.
Get in touch 7.00am - 9.00pm on 07757437599
Leave a message 24 hours a day
Or send an email.
Go to my website here: Counselling for Liverpool
Please do not book with me unless you are sure you will attend.
At this stage you might just want to talk in confidence/private to a professional who will listen to you.
As a private, experienced professional I ensure:
- You will not have to wait weeks or months to see me
- You will not undergo any tedious assessments
- No notes will go onto your medical records
- You decide how many sessions you have
- You decide what we talk about
I like to work with you as a person on the difficulties you are having. Examples of issues I work with people on are: All abuse types (current or historical), anger, anxiety, bereavement/loss, childhood experiences, health concerns, difficult memories, panic, family & relationships, trauma & PTSD, and work issues.
Trauma - is an event which you found highly distressing, so only you can say what is traumatic.
A lot of the time people go to their GP because of how they feel physically, symptoms can turn out to be medically 'unexplained' , but symptoms can be due to a form of anxiety or depression. Examples are: dizziness/labyrinthitis, feeling on edge, irritable bowel syndrome, headaches/migraines, panic attacks, pains, shaking, skin rashes, sleeping problems, sweating, tiredness/exhaustion, tight chest etc.
I also enjoy to help people to work out, and even change their behaviour if they want (behaviour could be anything you 'do' or 'don't' do). I also help you to understand others' (usually partners, employers or family).
I like to see people I work with gain acceptance, confidence, control, direction, meaning, progression, ways of coping, self-awareness, & understanding.
My approach to therapy is about being human first, therapist second. Apart from my love of therapy, and working with people. I enjoy many things including film, guitar, music, and travel.
When you contact me, we can just arrange a time to meet, we don't need to go into personal issues, we can start in our first meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have helped many people inc:
artists, business persons, children, counsellors & therapists, engineers, GPs, lawyers, lecturers, medical professionals, office workers, parents/carers, sports persons, social workers, students, teachers, trades persons, travellers, young people and ex-military personnel.
- I see men & woman and have a 50/50 split usually
- Most of my clients are in their 20's - 50's
I really value my experience, I have provided services for many organisaion has exposed me to many different client groups, individuals and unique situations. I have provided services for organisations for over 15 years, outlined below:
- The Priory Therapy Centre & Residential Hospital - Therapist/counsellor - adults & young people - mainly anxiety, depression, mood & relationship problems short to longer-term work
- Adults counsellor - funded by NHS/CCG - short to long-term work
- Axa - Counsellor for anxeity & depression
- Aviva - Counselling
- Bupa - recieving referrals for anxiety & depression counselling
- Cigna - Counselling for anxeity & depression
- Schools counsellor (Liverpool, Manchester, Salford, Wigan) - Over 30 schools providing counselling for: pupils, parents/carers, teachers & staff
- Counselling for anger related concerns - Wigan Family Welfare
- x 3 Employee assistance programmes (counselling employees nationwide) - Adults counsellor/therapist - short-term work (6 weeks)
- Looked after children's counsellor Inc. parents/carers - funded by Wigan local authority
- Counsellor & Mental Health Practitioner - Manchester - Forty Second Street - specialist support for young people (11-25 year olds). funded by NHS/CCG
- Online Counsellor - Resile Ltd
- Relate - North & South Manchester - counsellor
- Bereavement & Palliative Care Counsellor- Hospitals, Macmilan Centre, GP clinics bereavement & life threatening illness
- Pupil referral units & EBD schools - counsellor
- Mental health advice/support help lines - Supporting people in crisis and offering guidence to professionals/carers
- On line advice & support for concerns around self-harm - TheSite.org
- GP's surgeries - counselling & mental health assesments
- Therapeutic residential units, residential homes & schools for people of all ages with moderate- sevre Epilepsy, learning & social difficulties including those who have a diagnosis of ASC/Autism
- Residential/assessment units, leaving care units - Bury, Wirral, Wigan, Manchester, Alderly Edge
- Simply Health - General counselling
- Substance misuse counsellor - funded by Liverpool NHS/CCG
- Suicide prevention practitioner- national charity - providing guidence to professionals & carers. Supporting those in crisis and experiencing suicdal ideation
- The Samaritans - 2 years 2002 - working with those in crisis -voluntary
My training exceeds the minimum requirements to be able to provide counselling. I am trained in several approaches to therapy, the Person Centred approach is at the heart of all my work. I believe qualifications are important, but what is more important is experience & how your therapist works with you.
- Certificate in Supervision - British Psychological Society (BPS) approved certificate in Essential Supervision
- Post Graduate Certificate Level 7 - 'Critical engagement - Person Centred & CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) Therapies' at Temenos - Sheffield
- Diploma Level 4 - Theory & Practice of Counselling (This course focussed solely on the Person Centred approach, and was Accredited by British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy/BACP) - Person Centred Counselling Services (PCCS) Training Partnership - Manchester
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 1 - a specialised neuro-therapy designed to treat trauma & PTSD (distressing memory)
- Eye Movement Integration Therapy Level 2 - this approach has been researched and found to be helpful with phobia and deeper rooted trauma
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming)
- Counselling skills Lv3
- Counselling concepts Lv2
I atttend at least 30 hours CPD on going training every year:
- Applied suicide Intervention Skills Training (A.S.I.S.T) - Livingworks
- Bereavement & palliative care counselling - NHS/Trafford Bereavement & Palliative Care Service
- Child & Adult safeguarding
- Counter terrorism training (WRAP)
- Counselling young people - Relate
- Domestic violence - Relate
- Family support training - Beechwood cancer care
- Group work - NHS
- Intro to Gestalt therapy
- Gestalt therapy dream work
- Intro to Existential Psychotherapy - Emmy van Deurzen (New School of Psychotherapy)
- Supporting mental health of LGBTQ
- Mental health - NHS
- Person centred sand tray work - PCCS training partnership - Manchester
- Person centred couples counselling
- Self harm - Teaching School Alliance
- Suicide TALK - Living Works
- Timian certificate (challenging behaviour) - BILD
- Transactional Analysis
- Young people, sex & the law
To see a fuller description of what I do, and the experience & training I have gained go to: Counselling in Liverpool
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- I am interested in human relationships and the difficulties that can arise through being in them.
- I am also trained in Neurotherapy to help trauma & PTSD symptoms. Neurotherapy is scientifically based, and researched to prove beneficial, it is fast acting also.
- I like to help with anxiety, and enjoy helping people to work it out - Anxiety often presents itself as physical problems, behaviour or thoughts. If you are unsure what anxiety is just think 'worry' or feeling 'nervous/on edge', 'checking' or 'avoiding' behaviours.
- You may have been involved in an unsettling event/s that seem to still affect you now. In this case we can do Eye Movement Integration/EMI therapy to help you with this. I thoroughly recommend this if you have not tried it it before, or you feel like you have tried everything else. I have used EMI successfully with many people who felt stuck and just couldn't move on. I have also had this treatment myself, and it really does work like nothing else!
Photos & videos
- £40.00 - 50 minute counselling session.
Telephone counselling, face to face, and online video counselling are all the same cost.
I maybe able to offer telephone and online counselling sessions outside my normal practice hours.
- Employee Assistance Programme for businesses - packages available. Call me for a chat about how I can meet your business and employees needs. Local businesses & projects have used this package. i.e after armed robberies, attacks, and to generally aid well-being. The better functioning your staff; the better functioning your business.
Please do not book an appointment if you are unsure you will attend.
(All missed or cancelled appointments with less than 24hrs notice are to be paid for)
- Call me on: 07757437599 - 7.00am - 9.00pm (You can also leave a message 24hrs a day)
- This number is provided for clients only, so it is completely confidential
- If you get the answer phone please leave your name and number, I will call you back shortly/same day
- Close to bus and train links (St Michael's)
- Residential area with shops nearby
- Free roadside parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
*Mon - Thurs: 4.30pm-7.30pm *Friday 9.00am-7.30pm *Sat: 8.00am-11.00am. Sessions are subject to availability, and what others have already paid to book.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer supervision for counsellors and other professionals too.View supervision profile