Mia Phillips MBACP (Accred), Accredited EMDR Practitioner, Clinical Supervisor
01306 44 00 56 / 07732 532 891
Why therapy? Why now?
People often look for therapy when
- they want or need to make a change or a decision but something holds them back
- facing trauma long ago or recent,
- (physical, sexual, violence, war, accidents, work related events, disasters)
- they don't feel good about who or what they are
- (lack of confidence, fear of rejection, anger, repeating mistakes)
- they feel overwhelmed by emotions or life events
What I can offer you
- My services as a mature, experienced therapist; compassionate and non-judgmental.
- An opportunity to explore how you can live a life not dictated by your fears or your past.
- Several therapy models, including EMDR Therapy and the use of CBT skills.
- Sessions in Horsham, West Sussex. Single and double sessions during weekdays, morning to evening. Half day sessions can be taken on a weekend.
If you have any questions about working together, please call me on 07732 532 891.
"I would like to say a massive thank you for all your help and support and most of all for believing in me as a person..." M, Jan 2016
Training, qualifications & experience
Adv Dip Integrated Humanistic Counselling
Europe Accredited EMDR Practitioner
Currently studying for MSc in EMDR Therapy at Worcester University
Diploma in Supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Fees for Therapy
BACS payments or cash are preferred.
Fees are £65 per 50 minute session and pro rata for longer session times.
There are concessions for students and trainee therapists.
I hold a small number of therapy places for up to 12 sessions at a lower rate of £45 for people who might find the normal fee an obstacle to attending. Please contact me to discuss.
Half day sessions are for 4 hours with a 20 minute break included. Unlike single sessions, they can take place on a weekend. Cost £260.
Referrals fees for medico-legal companies, the NHS, solicitors and other third parties are negotiated separately.
If you have a personal or company health plan, it may pay for or or contribute to your costs of therapy. I am BUPA registered.
Fees for Supervision
£50 per session. £40 for trainee therapists.
Appointments in Horsham.
Monday to Friday all day.
Half day sessions (4 hours with a 20 minute break) on Saturday.
As an Accredited BACP member I abide by its Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I am a member of the EMDR Association UK & Ireland
I hold current professional indemnity insurance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Good knowledge of French|
Early, daytime and evening appointments: Monday to Friday. Half day appointments Saturday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Clinical supervision, also called clinical consultancy, is a complex relationship between supervisor, therapist and the client.View supervision profile