Lindsey C Harris, AJA, UKCP, CAP
020 8870 4815
I am a psychodynamic psychotherapist and Jungian analyst, working one-to-one with individuals in a confidential setting. My practice is in London SW18 in South London, in a quiet consulting room on the west side of Wandsworth Common.
I offer open-ended psychotherapy, which is designed to suit your needs, whether short-term, or medium or long-term support. As an analytical psychologist, I use both a developmental and an archetypal approach in my work with a client or patient. This means you are encouraged to talk about your childhood, your past experiences, as well as any present difficulties. And working with your dreams can be helpful too.
I have a particular interest in imagination and the creative unconscious, and the way that imaginative themes can bring about change in our lives. My interests include mythology, fairy tales and imagery evoked in dreams, because the symbolic meanings contained there can be a useful way in to understanding the inner world of the psyche. The Jungian approach is dynamic and imaginal, allowing for psychological change, and leading towards inner transformation.
Sessions may be once-weekly, or twice of three-time weekly if required, in situations where greater continuous support would be helpful to the client.
I also offer classical Jungian Supervision to practicing or training counsellors and therapists.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons)
- Professional Member and training analyst of the Association of Jungian Analysts (AJA)
- Registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) ,
- member of the International Association of Analytical Psychologists (IAAP).
I have worked as a qualified Jungian analyst and psychotherapist for over 10 years.
- Member of Council of the Association of Jungian Analysts.
- Member of the Summer Course Committee of the Champernowne Trust for Psychotherapy and the Arts (most recent course - summer 2016).
- Member of the Executive committee of the Confederation for Analytical Psychologists.
- Member of the Guild of Pastoral Psychology.
I offer classical Jungian supervision to practicing psychotherapists and counsellors.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with client's dreams, which are a means of revealing the ways of the unconscious psyche, sometimes a way to hear what the soul longs for. Though it is helpful if a client can remember their dreams it is not essential to have dreams before you come into psychotherapy. Sometimes dreams begin to present themselves spontaneously in response to a person entering psychotherapy, as they begin to work on themselves and their inner world.
My normal fee £70 per session in London.
However fees are negotiable depending upon your circumstance. Occasional low-cost fee opportunity may arise, depending upon availability, and after initial meeting and discussion with the individual client.
I have been a practicing artist for many years. I have also been a lecturer in History of Art, and an Arts Development Officer in local government.
I made the illustrations for two books written by colleague psychotherapist Alan Mulhern :
Healing Intelligence, the Spirit in Psychotherapy - Working with Darkness and Light (Karnac 2012)
The Sower and the Seed: Reflections on the Development of Consciousness (Karnac 2015).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible working hours. There is some availabilty for evening work, and some early morning work is possible
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer one-to-one classical Jungian Supervision to qualified psychotherapists and counsellors, and am registered on the UKCP list of Supervisors.View supervision profile