7 ways to help your relationship
Written by listed counsellor/psychotherapist: Barbara Allen BA(Hons), Psychotherapist MBACP - Life Coach
4th November, 20150 Comments
Here are seven tips to help your relationship, relationships can be complexed if we do not understand our differences - men crave for respect whilst women want to be cherished of their feelings - such as being listened to.
- Make time to talk and conext to each other on a weekly basis without the children.
- Decide who is good with finances and allow them to pay the bills.
- Do not deny sexual pleasures from your partner unless it's agreed.
- Do not interrupt one another when they are speaking.
- Do not critisize each other.
- Choose the right time to discuss serious concerns.
- Do the things that you did when you were dating.
If you are encountering sexual problems in your relationship seek counselling.
About the author
My name is Barbara Allen I am a qualified registered psychotherapist/counselor BACP for 12 years. I have experience of counselling clients who have experienced difficulties with: stress, relationships, panic attacks, anxiety, bereavement, redundancy, depression and addiction.
Related articles from our experts
- What is codependency?
Gherardo Della Marta MBACP counsellor in Holborn, Camden and Queens Park23rd April, 2017
- Toxic mums - healing the wounds in adulthood
Saska Plowman Psychotherapeutic Counsellor (Integrative) RMBACP21st April, 2017
- Grieving the loss of a friendship
Una Cavanagh MBACP (Accred)20th April, 2017
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.