7 ways to help your relationship
Written by listed counsellor/psychotherapist: Barbara Allen BA(Hons), Psychotherapist MBACP - Life Coach
4th November, 20150 Comments
Here are seven tips to help your relationship, relationships can be complexed if we do not understand our differences - men crave for respect whilst women want to be cherished of their feelings - such as being listened to.
- Make time to talk and conext to each other on a weekly basis without the children.
- Decide who is good with finances and allow them to pay the bills.
- Do not deny sexual pleasures from your partner unless it's agreed.
- Do not interrupt one another when they are speaking.
- Do not critisize each other.
- Choose the right time to discuss serious concerns.
- Do the things that you did when you were dating.
If you are encountering sexual problems in your relationship seek counselling.
About the author
My name is Barbara Allen I am a qualified registered psychotherapist/counselor BACP for 12 years. I have experience of counselling clients who have experienced difficulties with: stress, relationships, panic attacks, anxiety, bereavement, redundancy, depression and addiction.
Related articles from our experts
- How counselling can help relationship issues
Andrew Regan MA MBACP26th February, 2017
Kamarun Kalam (MBACP & HCPC) Counsellor & Psychotherapist24th February, 2017
- Stay with uncomfortable feelings and they’ll go away sooner
David Darvasi MBACP21st February, 2017
Counselling Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.