Contact Citizens Advice
Disclaimer: Please note we are not affiliated with Citizens Advice and are not able to connect you to them. Please use the websites and contact telephone numbers displayed below.
Citizens Advice offers free, confidential and impartial advice to help people resolve financial, legal and other personal matters from thousands of locations throughout the UK.
The twin aims of the Citizens Advice service are:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face.
- To improve the policies and principles that affect people's lives.
From advice on housing benefits and debt through to discrimination, this help is available to everyone and can be provided either in a face-to-face setting or over the telephone. A number of bureaux may also be able to offer home visits and email advice. To find out the full range of services available in your local area, search for your local bureau on the Citizens Advice website.
However you choose to make contact with Citizens Advice, you will initially be offered a short session with an assessor. He or she will find out about your personal situation before identifying the most appropriate way to provide the required help and the length of time you may need to wait for this.
Depending on your individual circumstances, an additional appointment may then be made to discuss your problem in more depth. Alternatively the assessor may provide the necessary information for you then and there, or may refer you on to a different organisation that will be better placed to help resolve your issue.
How to contact Citizens Advice
- For England call 03444 111 444
- For Wales call 03444 77 20 20
- For Scotland call 03454 04 05 06
- For Northern Ireland contact Consumerline 0300 123 6262
How to find your local bureau
- For England and Wales visit: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/how-we-provide-advice/advice/search-for-your-local-citizens-advice/
- For Scotland visit: www.cas.org.uk/bureaux
- For Northern Island visit: http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/consumerline