To learn more about our own experiences, we sent a survey round the office. The survey explores bullying, asking if you have experienced bullying yourself, where it took place, in what form of bullying and if you sought help.
The results showed that 67% of the Counselling Directory team have experienced bullying at some point in their lives. 100% of those said that the bullying was in verbal form, though physical and online were also mentioned. 92% said that the bullying took place during school and college.
When asked if they sought support for the bullying, 54% said no. The remaining 46% said that the support they received was from family and friends.
Affected by bullying? Whether you are a counsellor, the victim or someone who has been affected by bullying, get involved and take part in our full survey.
‘Have you ever helped another person who was being bullied?’
In our team, 67% said yes. We then asked for the trigger or incident that made them step…