The figures were compiled by price comparison website Gocompare.com from a survey of 3,000 people across the UK.
The traditional resolutions of getting fit and losing weight have been eclipsed by the wide-spread effects of the country’s recession.
The most popular resolutions this year were:
- Sorting out finances and reducing outgoings
- Getting fit and exercising more
- Losing weight
- Changing diet and eating more healthily
- Beginning a new hobby or sport
- Stopping smoking or reducing smoking
- Spending more time with family and friends
- Finding a new job
- Giving up or reducing drinking
According to the survey, finance-related resolutions included paying off debt, saving money in a deposit account, increasing pension payments and...